cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error making a GetOrdersRequest to the API via an XML request: Receiving GeteBayOfficialTimeResponse

I have been trying to make an XML request to the eBay API for the GetOrdersRequest endpoint. It seems my request is formatted correctly, however, I keep receiving a response of type "GeteBayOfficialTimeResponse" formatted as the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<GeteBayOfficialTimeResponse xmlns="urn:ebay:apis:eBLBaseComponents">

<Timestamp>2023-02-06 01:52:06</Timestamp>

<Ack>Failure</Ack>

<Errors>

<ShortMessage>Unsupported API call.</ShortMessage>

<LongMessage>The API call "GeteBayOfficialTime" is invalid or not supported in this release.</LongMessage>

<ErrorCode>2</ErrorCode>

<SeverityCode>Error</SeverityCode>

<ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification>

</Errors>

<Version>967</Version>

<Build>19110890</Build>

</GeteBayOfficialTimeResponse>

I am not making a "GeteBayOfficialTimeRequest" so why am I receiving this response? Has anyone else experienced this? How did you get around it? 

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Error making a GetOrdersRequest to the API via an XML request: Receiving GeteBayOfficialTimeResponse

Depending on what you are using client-wise to make the call, my guess would be that the request header X-EBAY-API-CALL-NAME: is getting set to GeteBayOfficialTime some how.

do you have access to the request header to verify it is getting set to and sent as:

X-EBAY-API-CALL-NAME:GetOrders

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Yes the request was being sent correctly and as expected. I'm going to try and use OAuth instead. I couldn't get it working. 

The header on the request was not getting set to GeteBayOfficialTime as I didn't have that anywhere in my code so there's no possible way I was sending a request of that type. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

No worries.. Yeah I wasn't suggesting it was necessarily from your personal code. Without more environment / client information it is hard to guess deeper..

But to reiterate the header issue, if you are using a tool or sdk that you didn't write, there could be a bug in it passing the "GeteBayOfficialTime" string to the

X-EBAY-API-CALL-NAME:

header.

For example I can make a modification to the sdk to hard code

"X-EBAY-API-CALL-NAME": "SomeCallABC"

to the header templates, and from then on out my responses will always literally be:

<SomeCallABCResponse xmlns="_urn_removed_">
<Ack>Failure</Ack>
<Errors>
<ShortMessage>Unsupported API call.</ShortMessage>
<LongMessage>The API call &quot;SomeCallABC&quot; is invalid or not supported in this release.</LongMessage>
<ErrorCode>2</ErrorCode>
<SeverityCode>Error</SeverityCode>
<ErrorClassification>RequestError</ErrorClassification>
</Errors>
<Version>1295</Version>
<Build>19110890</Build>
</SomeCallABCResponse>

for any call regardless of my xml payload. That is why I made the suggestion to look there first.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Yeah I am not using an SDK. I wrote my own wrapper and library for this so I can easily check what requests are being created and sent. 

I wanted to avoid SDKs for this reason so I could keep it up to date and fix things that come up with new API changes. Once I get OAuth setup and tested, I'll update this post to let you know if that gets around the issue. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply