cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with doll i.d.

Hello.  Please help. eBay won't allow me to post photos here----and I NEVER have trouble posting on other sites or even when selling. A glitch?  I give up on the photos.

I hope you can wade through this description and give me some guidance, please.

I have been given a boxful of antique dolls to sell (on commission) by a friend.  After looking and looking and looking (magnifying glass, asking housemates to help) at the mark on the back of the one doll's head, I cannot deciper the letters. EFLANELL?  It's driving me crazy.

Here is a detailed description of her:

She is 8.25" tall. She is definitely old.  She is all one material---composition? Not bisque or plastic.  Her arms and head can be moved.*** She has on wooden clogs.***  Her eyes are painted on and glance to her right. Her hair is like baby doll hair----only atop her head, and under her white linen bonnet. There are embossed grooves to look like hair, brunette.  She is wearing red, white and blue w/ an apron of white and red polka dots. The broad hem on her apron is blue. Her skirt is down to her ankles and is of a tiny squares print---red, white, blue, yellow.  She has beautiful silk stockings which reach up to her hips.  

Thank you in advance for any help you might give me.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help with doll i.d.

Wonderful!  Yes, it is she.  Wow.  Thank you.  Love that you knew and shared the detailed posting with me. Thanks ever so much.

👍

😘

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Could the doll be marked: EFFanBEE?  Between 1938-1943, Effanbee made a series of dolls wearing ethnic costumes called "Butin-Nose;" 8" tall, all composition, molded hair, painted side glancing eyes, jointed at neck, shoulders. 

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you so much for the information.  I will look again. It is frustrating in the extreme to be unable to read such marks. But----I think you are right, as this doll came to me along with several other effanbee dolls.  (The other marks were all clear as day, easy to decipher.) I appreciate greatly your help with this i.d. Good job.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Wonderful!  Yes, it is she.  Wow.  Thank you.  Love that you knew and shared the detailed posting with me. Thanks ever so much.

👍

😘

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

You are most welcome. I love dolls. You gave a fabulous description and knowing the doll was most likely Effanbee, the rest was easy. 🙂

Message 6 of 6
latest reply