cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doll Category Problems

Has anyone else had problems with the new category changes in the doll section? My customers are complaining and NOT buying because of it unless they booked me in Favorites. I as a seller and buyer can't move around and end up having to type everything in I want to see then eBay just adds extra junk dolls in the refined listings. I don't mind having to add extra information about the product, but trying to search for something has been a nightmare and it reflects on my and eBay's sales. We are both losing $. The category's need to be changed back to the old system. SOON. What's the point in listing if no one can find you. What was eBay thinking? vsfay 

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Doll Category Problems

Yes. I sell (sold) hand painted miniatures under the "artist offerings" category and now that it's gone, views and bids are gone too. I see a lot of the other artists aren't posting either. Along with the 12.5% FVF on listing fee+final sale price+Shipping+SALES TAX??!! it's just a FUBARed situation. People like to BROWSE collectibles and this is just way more work for the buyer to set all of the filters. And they won't change it back because they know better, so like it or leave. It's more about large volume sellers with mass produced widgets than artisan items and collectibles.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Yeah, it sucks for buyers.  Seems to be a syndrome, possibly linked to people looking to improve their job status: if it ain't broke, assert that it is, then screw everything up for all the users, in this case both buyers & sellers.

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

GOODNESS ME  and i thought it was only a provisional eBay mistake , with so many companies being hacked i thought was a defect or something , You are right Me as User can not find what i need and therefore hardly buy.  MAYBE. If we all talk to Ebay about this they will fix things again. 

Regards may all your families and friends be safe.

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Yes. I sell (sold) hand painted miniatures under the "artist offerings" category and now that it's gone, views and bids are gone too. I see a lot of the other artists aren't posting either. Along with the 12.5% FVF on listing fee+final sale price+Shipping+SALES TAX??!! it's just a FUBARed situation. People like to BROWSE collectibles and this is just way more work for the buyer to set all of the filters. And they won't change it back because they know better, so like it or leave. It's more about large volume sellers with mass produced widgets than artisan items and collectibles.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

Thank you all for replying and it is sad eBay pretends they don't hear anything. You are right, eBay now wants to be Amazon so the rest of us suffer with no sales or even questions. I guess in 25 years they just got to big. Hope if enough people complain they will do something. I wonder how many buyers and sellers they lose before the light bulb goes off. 

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I almost wish I could tell you eBay was hacked, but no they did the hacking to the rest of us who worked for them for 25 years and they now only want the big companies and big $ dealers. I made my living, from eBay and all the wonderful buyers I have had for over 24 years, but it looks like I will be going elsewhere, someplace that is more user friendly.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

norcofend
Adventurer

Yes! I collect vintage dolls and there is no "vintage doll" section. It is ridiculous! I thought it was a programing glitch! Did they really do this on purpose? It plain SUCKS!

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

Same here! the category changes does not only affecting doll section - it kill other categories too such as “Toys & hobby - Model & kits” - most categories are eliminated and it may affecting the search result, now you can see that much less result are shown up when we search in eBay, so buyers can’t find their favourite item (especially for some collectible items) in their search, it kill page view and sales, so terrible!!

My impression is everytime eBay made changes, seller will suffer a lot…such as Promoted listing, MP, now Categories changes…totally insane!!

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

mjhysom
Pathfinder

I just heard about this today, as I buy in spurts from eBay, depending on the doll I'm looking for or the accessories/clothes to finish one. Mine are a lot of custom character dolls, and I relied on all those categories to find things without wading through 156,000+ items that now come up in a search. This is the most idiotic change to be made by a company that grew because of collectors and sellers with rare or hard to find items. You want something mass-produced then go to Amazon or WalMart. Something unique? That used to be what eBay was for. I guess I'll be switching to Mercari and the Goodwill online auction site.

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

Is there a place where we can submit feedback?

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I've heard there are links to submit feedback, but given the level of outrage I've seen all over the boards it will do no good. Ebay is well aware that these changes went over like a lead balloon. They don't care. So far as eBay goes the changes are done, and they're not going to back down. 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

I began selling again recently and kept trying to comply by filling out all items on their form and then noticed I could not get my antique doll out of Playsets (because I was feeling forced to respond to all the specifications.)  Following what others seem to be doing I'm going to Other antiques. This is so sad!

Message 12 of 12
latest reply