cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I start a new pair of common size VANS out at .99?

Last time I had a pair of green ones, in a small, less popular size & lost my mule! (a**)

Do .99 starts REALLY create Bidding Wars? I'm not convinced. Any (further) advice? I touched down on this subject in another thread off topic. Woud appreciate hearing from others;) Thank you~
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Should I start a new pair of common size VANS out at .99?

No.

Never.

At least not since 1999.

Start your auctions at a price that is financially and emotionally best for you.

Bonus, the customer who is willing to pay a reasonable price is easier to deal with than the 'armed bottom feeders' who bid on underpriced merchandise.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I have to agree with reallynicestamps. I've tried this over and over with no success. I usually have a lot of watchers and one buyer will snipe it for $0.99 at the end.  Now I start auctions at a comfortable selling price.

Good luck.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

The really annoying part of this is that the sole bidder may have bid a lot higher. But you need a second bidder to reveal that.

I once bid 50 pounds on a UK site auction and won for the opening 50 pence. Sounds like a deal for me, but the seller, who had no idea of course, wrapped it as if it were a cheap book. Fortunately my mailbox is on a sheltered porch since the postie did not close the box on the paper envelope although it was snowing heavily.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I feel if you have an item that has proven it holds it value on eBay .99 cent starting bids work , But it is a huge gamble and may sell for 99 cents. I open my auctions at a price I am comforable selling at, if it doesn't sell I may adjust the price or just wait it out. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Oh yes. I wait it out. Imagine all the money I would lose if I took those suggested EBay prices.
Kitty's Jewelry - Etc.
Alt. Fashion 4 Less.
Google us!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply