cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return Policy

I'm new.  I have listed 2 books and a slabbed rock.  On my listing it says that the Buyer pays for returns.   I can't find anyplace where I would have indicated this.  Is this a normal policy?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Return Policy

Did you copy that from another seller? Because it is unenforceable.

The only time a buyer has to pay for the return is if she agrees that she has Buyer Remorse.

Most won't.

And smart sellers will either backbutton from negative Terms of Sale like that or will ignore it knowing that it is unenforceable.

And No Returns does not mean No Refunds. Having a No Returns policy can mean you end up with no item, no payment, and a Defect for refusing a refund.

You got defaulted into the Simplified Sell Your Item form. You can change to the Business/Advanced form through the link at the top right of the overSimplified form .

Using the Advanced form is easier, gives you more options (often drop down menus) and is clearer about what you are agreeing to.

Might I also suggest that you use the 82 free keystrokes to improve the title on your rock.  Even just giving what kind of mineral it is and spelling "quartz" correctly would help.

You may also find this useful.

https://dbcalc.usps.com/

If the item you are selling is bulky or heavy, don't offer Free Shipping.

Do some buying of stocking stuffers or poly envelopes or cozy socks to understand the buying experience.

Selling without having purchased here is fraught.

You are smart to start with low value, around the house, unwanted items. Because you will make mistakes. 

Best wishes.  Hope by next year you are giving advice from your own hard won experience.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Return Policy

Thank you.  I have a printed out page that says there can be a return if there's a problem.  Somehow I thought it was automatic the seller was charged for returns.  I can't believe I spelled Quartz wrong.  I'll change it.   Not sure what to write about the rocks but I'll look at other listings.   

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Return Policy

Wondered why I was getting a different short form.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Return Policy

@a2zforme2you   I suggest you add this to the title of the rock:  Nogel Jasper Quartz

Also the book that just has a ISBN number for a title needs the title so people can find it.

The title of your listing is how most people search for items.  Some buyers if they are using a PC will check the search description also box but not many do so your title really needs key words that buyers will use when shopping.  

This is the advanced listing form:  

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/using-advanced-listing-form?id=4159&st=2&pos...

It will say business form on the upper right.  Ignore the warning about it being for high volume sellers.  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Return Policy

Thanks for adding that link.

I knew where it was, because I was able to change my newest account to it (there are still all kinds of hard to work with forms that I can't change) but I couldn't remember where it is.

I will now bookmark it.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Return Policy

Thank you.  Will try to get to it today.  Have flu/cold. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Return Policy

@a2zforme2you   Hope you feel better soon!  That's no way to spend a holiday weekend.  

Jenny  

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Return Policy

Thanks for reminding me.  I just bookmarked it.   If people are looking at what I listed but not buying do you think I should lower the price or just wait?

Message 9 of 9
latest reply