cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! A buyer won Xbox game and I put it in the Xbox and it won’t play! It worked before

They won the Xbox game . My son played the game before Listing for sale and it worked ! I wanted to double check before getting it ready to ship .. and it won’t read the disk! I have had more issues selling games than all my other listing . Now this 🤦🏻‍♀️. Buyer hasn’t paid yet . I don’t want to send a message until I talk to eBay on what I need to do ! And as if the one disk not playing isn’t enough,another that is up for auction with one bid , it won’t read as well!!!!! Please help

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

HELP! A buyer won Xbox game and I put it in the Xbox and it won’t play! It worked before

Cancel the sale. Apolgize to the buyer and explain the problem. Ask if he agrees* to the cancellation.

You can't expect a good result from this no matter.

Close the auction on the other one.

Now try those discs in a friend's machine. It may not be the discs.

If they work, you can contact the first buyer with an offer for a Private Listing- perhaps sweetening the price after politely explaining the problem you thought was happening. Apologize for his disappointment.

You can relist the second if it works on your friend's machine. You can notify the bidder, but don't expect to see him bid again.

*If he does, you can use Buyer Request as the reason. This is a Good Thing.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Dear femmefan1946, 

I appreciate your help ! I was just retesting the others after my post to make sure they work. It could possibly be this console because it has malfunctioned before . I am goin to contact the buyer and take down my other listing now ! Again thank you so much for being so helpful!!! 

Message 3 of 3
latest reply