cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DON'T PAY TAXES ... IF you're an eBay business buyer/reseller on eBay! read this!!

Attention Business Sellers/Buyers/Resellers:

Submit your State Tax Reseller Certificates to eBay. 

If you qualify, eBay will:

1. reimburse you for all purchases you've made incurring tax to date

2. exempt you from paying taxes for future purchases

SEE ATTACHED CORRESPONDENCE FROM eBay responding to my inquiry.   You must 

For eBay to ensure your exemption eligibility and process your request, they need to review your tax exemption certificate.

Link:

https://ocsnext.ebay.com/ocs/mudcwf?deptName=USe2MListing

Select ‘General information’ in the drop down, upload your document, and accept the terms and conditions.  In the comments, please notate ‘Buyer Exemption'

Please include:

-Full Name

-Business Name

-eBay ID

Please allow 5-7 business days for us to review your documentation.  Once we either approve or deny your request, you will receive an email to your eBay messages.

Best of luck everyone.  grimacinggrimacing

details from my tax exemption communication with eBaydetails from my tax exemption communication with eBay

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

DON'T PAY TAXES ... IF you're an eBay business buyer/reseller on eBay! read this!!

@louis-gasm   Just got an update on this, ebay will only apply the tax exemption certificate for sales tax that they are collecting and remitting.    This will not apply to tax charged by individual sellers that they are collecting and remitting themselves.  

Per Trinton this would currently only apply to the states where eBay has a marketplace responsibility to collect and remit sales tax. In other states, you can work with the appropriate state board overseeing tax collection to request a credit, or contact your seller prior to purchase to request an exception.

Message 74 on the weekly chat:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-April-3-1-00-pm-PT-General-...

Comics-scifi_collectibles Is a Volunteer Community Mentor.
I have been a seller since 2003

Message 2 of 2
latest reply