cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Israel Tab Listings in Scott

Many listings in Scott Cat. (2014) valuations of Israel sets look as if an entire set w/ tabs is worth less than the same set w/ no tabs.  For example,  #348-52  is at $1.25 for a set of five w/o tabs. But w/ tabs .70 is listed below the set/5 at .25 per stamp. Or does this mean that each stamp is worth .70 when it has a tab. Or, does the listing mean that the whole set is worth .70 w/ tabs?. Of course, if each stamp had no tabs, the set of 5 would be worth more than the same set w/ tabs. This does not make sense.

Another ex: #802-04. This set appears stfaightforward, a set w/ tabs at listed at $1 .90; no tabs at $1.70. But another set close by, #820-23, is valued at $1.55 for no tabs; $1.50 w/ tabs!

What should one think about this? (Without getting a Bale.)

Craig Martin

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Israel Tab Listings in Scott

Craig

I think you should email the scott cstalig editir with your question.

I am glad to meet anorher cillector of Israeli mint stamps. What stamp album do you use? I use scott specailty tab album but bought others minkus and others  which i have. Also bought ectra scott pages and some collections.

Do you have a want list by scott specialty pages you can email me?

I csn then quote you a price and tou csn tell me if you want to purchsse from me? 

Do you belong to Israel philatelic stamp club?

David Snyder

Djs127@gmail.com

David Snyder
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

You are bumping into the minimum value that Scott sets. In your first example there are five stamps, each at the minimum value of $0.25. Remember that in real world terms that minimum is set to cover the overhead a dealer has to have just keeping the stamp (or set) in stock. So the $0.70 price has $0.25 for overhead and $0.45 in real value. They don't list a price for the set without tabs, but if they did I would expect it to be something like $0.35.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Actually I'm putting together APS sales books. I have all mint NH stuff in sets and singles. Of course w/ my speed, it'll be 2025 before I'm done w/ my 1st book!
Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You are probabl ybetter off listing those stamps on Ebay.

If you have a list of mit tabbed from isarel you need by scott catalog email me at djs127@gmail.com

David Snyder

David Snyder
Message 5 of 5
latest reply