cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Selling

Does anyone on this board besides Sheryll have any listing right now. I was going to take a look see. Maybe find out how to sell USA stamps?

lindy roars

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

About Selling

Hi Lindy, was just thinking that  you could look at my boiler plate notice, which has been put together over the years by my stamp dealer hubby, in case it would help. Esp with the MNH, MH, OG stuff, which is aimed at US stamps. Although I tend to list covers and he stamps and books. His id is on my "me" page.

Sheryll

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

About Selling

I put some cheap Canadian junk up yesterday. 

http://www.ebay.ca/usr/g.1

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

About Selling

Hi, Thanks Again.It's true I do need all the help I can get.

lindy

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

About Selling

g.1 ,Thanks I went tjhereand had a look. thatnk you  again.

lindy

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

About Selling

Hi g.1

Forgive my spelling and english .My Laptop keys stick .And I was falling asleep when I answered you .Thanks again

Lindy roars

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

About Selling

Hi Lindy,

My suggestion is that you look up Cobbie10 on ebay.  He is an experienced seller and a long time contributor to the Stamp Board on Ebay.  He currently has some excellent listings.

He also does consignment sales and can give you some excellent advice on which countries you may or may not want to sell to on Ebay as well as other listing tips you may want to use by viewing his listings.

Best Regards!!

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

About Selling

Hi is it Randy,

I think I saw that  (your name ) in a post. Yes I sure will do that.

Thanks again.

lindy roars

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

About Selling

Hi Lindy,

I don't think anyone else has mentioned it, but a good place to get basic information on the value of US stamps is the Scott Specialized Stamp Catalogue, available at most public libraries. It's not perfect by any means but it'll give a good idea. Just keep in mind that Scott lists the value of even the most common, essentially worthless, stamps at 20 cents (or is it 25 cents now?), allegedly to give dealers compensation for their time in putting such up for sale. And even modern stamps that can be purchased at the post office are valued at about twice face value. But given that, it's a good place to start.

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

About Selling

Hi thines,

I Thank You for your all your help.Plus what I wrote about it is still the same and they did a great job this week.

Yes I will write more later. Like I said I can use all the help I can get.

Lindy Roars

Message 10 of 16
latest reply

About Selling

Hi Again ,

I saw your listings .I have a lot of covers.Pops Person Collection of FDC. In old Books ,Sorry I think there are 13 Black Albums of Covers  and a few old Boxes of container (covered). There are Civil War covers and then .There's Postal Stationery,Postal Cards messages and replys.Used ,unused .

Those I have put off  until more time .I chose the Unused Pl.Bk.  and other Stamps unused ,I call his store stock..New as the day he got them.I did that because that is the easy way to start.

I want to thank you for Your time and Help.

Lindy

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

About Selling

Thanks R342 ! ( blushes ). 

Spoiler

I have to admit I've not been to this board for a long time. Either too busy or I just completely forgot about it. ! 

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

About Selling

Not sure why there is a spoiler alert in my last post. LOL

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

About Selling

Hi Cobbie10,

Sorry I have been away again I didn't get that chance to look at your listings,I will .

Now I have been with ebay almost 15 years ,I must say I never saw those words before on a chat board in a post.

Spoiler Alert ,what does that mean .Why would they say that.Plus Who put it there is that the mods.

Thanks

Lindy

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

About Selling

When you make a post, it's one of the options on the bar above ( when you type in Rich Text. There is B (bold), I (Italic), U (underline), then a funny S and the next one is a face with a thumb sticking up, that's for entering a spoiler alert. No idea why they have it - unless its for other forums.

Message 15 of 16
latest reply