cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Users’ Stamp Club is going to NTSS 2015! Are you?

The National Topical Stamp Show (NTSS 2015) will be held at Portland, OR from Jul 31 - Aug 2.

Ipron will be there and has volunteered to have his table (#13) be a meeting place for eUSC members to connect, pick up name badges, etc. Also he will have eUSC flyers available to the public.

[These are available on the eUSC website here: name tags, flyers

In case you need them for your own stamp show. ]

The story of the eUSC and its stamps will be on view in frame 38 (directly behind frame 1). A sneak preview can be seen here. I will be remounting it over the next two weeks.

So, is anyone coming along?!!

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Well, it's all happening. The eUSC exhibit is in the frames, and I have had a quick get-toogther with ipron. Anyone else in Portland for the show?

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

eUSC NTSS 2015 show report

The show was regarded as a success in spite of a few hiccups and a lower than hoped for attendance (it was out in SE Portland). The dealers were happy, anyway.

The eUSC exhibit received positive comment from the public, usually prefaced with, "I never knew there was an eBay stamp club!"

It would benefit from a few formatting changes, should I show it competitively.

The other exhibits were of a high standard, with the Beaver exhibit winning the Grand Award. Which means we'll see it again next year in Portland, at APS Stampshow 2016. Oregon's own Tony W was runner-up with his Sun exhibit.

The People's Choice award went to the Cockroach exhibit.

There was a brief billsey sighting late Saturday afternoon, and ipron and I held a quick eUSc meeting  after the show was over.

I would recommmend attending NTSS shows - lots of fun, friendly and kind people, great exhibits and a variety of material at the dealers.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for getting our name out there, Sheryll! 🙂

It was a really good event. Talked to some really nice folks, and made one lady cry (in a good way) because we used Wydly right there at the show to help her find a cover that she's been trying to find for over 5 years to complete her dad's collection (he passed away and she was "carrying on the torch.") Made me tear up a bit, too. That's my best story from the show.

Oh, and Steve and Karen from Horse Heaven Stamps & Covers in WA are seriously two of the nicest people I've ever met. 🙂

Didn't do any stamp hunting myself, but was good to hear that you walked away with some good finds.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@sheryll*net wrote:

eUSC NTSS 2015 show report

The show was regarded as a success in spite of a few hiccups and a lower than hoped for attendance (it was out in SE Portland). The dealers were happy, anyway.

I should hope so, based on my spending while waiting for the boys to discover their hidden collector... They ended up spending an hour and a half at the youth table, finding gem after gem. (I'm pretty sure they've cornered the market on Indian Head Penny FDCs) 🙂

Message 5 of 5
latest reply