cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who the heck cares?

Hi park posters. 
The eBay soapbox will no longer be a public board. I hope you don’t mind if we start a home thread from the box here. We will talk about “whatever”.  We will also talk about ebay related subjects. Come join the fun. 

51385A2D-25DB-4130-9BCE-D22A968253D1.png

I am not what you think I am. You are what you think I am.
Message 1 of 1,549
latest reply
1,548 REPLIES 1,548

Re: Who the heck cares?

Adobe is similar to clay when dry.  However, when adobe gets soaked with water it sorda melts and turns to a soft ooze.  Very slippery also.  

Message 931 of 1,549
latest reply

23 June 2023- Another day with slightly different characteristics:

At daybreak there was a thick layer of marine type clouds. Temp 58

Fahrenhirtz.  

At 0800 hours the marine layer changed to white and grey cumulus

clouds at low altitude. Temp 59 Fahrenheft.  Heron begins pruning

2 large bushes.  One is a podocarpus and the other a rhamnus.

Both of them left some bruises on Heron's arms.

At about 0900 the sun burnt away most of the low altitude clouds.

Heron was tired and quit gardening at 0930.  Started preparing lunch and boiling a pot of Red potatas.  Lunch was great and especially with the Red potatas.  Very tasty.

After lunch an enjoyable siesta.

And that is how the day progressed.  

Temperature at 3:10 PM is 63 Fahrenhebel.

Message 932 of 1,549
latest reply

@elheron-grande wrote:

21 June- Hola Lira!  Every once in a while Heron gets the 'feeling' that we will have a super big earthquake.  It can happen at any time, day or night.

The hardest part is knowing there isn't a thing we can do about it.  When they hit - they hit.  We always hope that the next one will be a low rated type.  Knock 3 times on wood for us!  We will appreciate that. 

I will do that for for you, I have lots of wooden furniture and more than a couple of wood" walls"! 

Message 933 of 1,549
latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

Very sad news for the Hecks today.

Our friend Hock passed away on June 2nd - a - long - long - battle lost.

May he finally rest.

My sympathies on the loss of your friend, I'm so sorry! 

Message 934 of 1,549
latest reply

24 June- Thanks Lira.  We appreciate the thoughts.  According to the earthquake 'watchers' we have a bunch every day.  Sometimes Heron can 'feel' them but they are the small type.  

Message 935 of 1,549
latest reply

So sorry to read about Hockey. He was so kind, and brought so much joy to the original heckers. I'm gutted. 

My computer has been trying to die for several months. I decided to ignore it. It worked today. i'm rarely on my computer. Still doing the geese, ducks.. etc. Off to Scotland in a couple of weeks, for a wedding. 

Hello to you all. 

Message 936 of 1,549
latest reply

TCM ~  So glad you were able to get in here today.   News such as this about Hock takes the wind out of your sails.  Very sad. 

Don't stay such a stranger.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 937 of 1,549
latest reply

@shirleys809304 wrote:

TCM ~  So glad you were able to get in here today.   News such as this about Hock takes the wind out of your sails.  Very sad. 

Don't stay such a stranger.

.....or at least any stranger than some of us.😉

Message 938 of 1,549
latest reply

Good to see you, Tcm. It has been a while.

I can relate to tech problems. I have no skills to help. Our computer messed up years ago. Haven't been on one in a while.

Glad that you are still working with the birds.  Doing something helpful.

And you're going to a wedding in Scotland soon. I bet it doesn't get hot there.

It appears we all found out about Hockey around the same time.

We did have some good times on the box.

Hope you pop in every now and then when the pc is working.

Message 939 of 1,549
latest reply

I was actually thinking about Hock last week. I was so shocked when I read Dom's post. I'm glad she stayed in touch with him. 

Yes, I'm still taking care of the dumped domestic ducks and geese at the local park. My volunteer group has grown quite a bit. I must make it look like a lot of fun. LOL. I rehabbed a sick duck at my home for a month, and was able to release him today. He adaptly to his new home fairly well… better than most.  

I'll read back, and catch up with everyone… and try to remain strange, but not a stranger. LMAO. 

Message 940 of 1,549
latest reply

Blowing a gale here - all night - all day - but hopefully easing by late afternoon.

Good to ' see ' you tcm - off to Scotland - don't forget to pick up a pair - they are great fun.

images.jpeg

Being sad - makes one find something to do - well - sheesh - decided to paint DD's bedroom - you have absolutely no idea. lol

Last must have been when she was around 13-14 - a whole wall of signed Nicole - the heroine of the moment.

Had fun going through old horse pics to find something new for all the frames - nearly there.

Curtains are soaking. lol

Message 941 of 1,549
latest reply

Lol at those slippers! The cat would attack them.

Friday was Sis's first night back at work. They found out that Sunday would be her birthday and quickly threw together a little party.

We sang happy birthday to her at Church yesterday too.

Dom, I've often thought about painting the living room, but chickened out.lol

So much work to do around here.

Looking forward to seeing more of you Tcm. Hope you'll be able to post some pictures of Scotland.

Hope everybody has a good day!

Message 942 of 1,549
latest reply

Cathy, it's how we are around here as well, no one really listens to the tornado warnings/watches, but we probably should!

Lira, you are very welcome for the whole story! I liked the color of the goose turd yarn enough to try and buy some, but they were out of stock! HAHA

Dom, Archie is adorable!!!

Oh my, Fruit, that is really a very messy job! I'd have to have given her a pass, as well. But, I'll agree, who wants to do that kind of thing the day after you bury a family member? Sheesh.

Heron, my gramma used to raise meat ducks, and she mail ordered them every year and mom and I would pick them up for her. One year, when I was less than 6 years old, I, ahem, loved one a tad too much. One year her spayed calico female cat took all the baby ducks to a back closet and tried to nurse them. The cat was a better mom than I was, that's for sure! I know you can get live chickens (adult) mailed as my friend at the PO always tells me when she has one! HAHA I don't know about babies, but I don't see why not.

I'd say, Heron, if your desk is 27 years old and still in use and still in great shape, then, yep, you've gotten your money's worth!

Hock was one of the best and he will be greatly missed...RIP Hock...

Good luck with the pumpkin patch, Fruit! Sounds like you have some hard ground! HAHA

Hello, TCM, good to see you! Enjoy Scotland and the wedding! Glad to hear all the ducks and geese and ect are all doing well!

I love those slippers, Dom! But Peanut would try to eat them, I'm guessing! 🙂

We had a wonderful time at the Lake and I did not want to leave. I did get slightly crispy on Thursday, which meant that Friday I didn't go out in the sun very much, I was very hot!

My Jeep is now topless, the garage is rearranged so the top and the doors are in there now! Whoohoo! Took a short ride yesterday, but a nice one!

I started this post right after lunch and it's taken me about 2 1/2 hours to get it all typed out, I'm very busy here at work, lol. I'll post pics, maybe tomorrow, I should have more time!

Hot freight...pays good...Inline's gots ta go...whoop & ride, Honey, whoop & ride...Clark T Berendes 2-5-78 to 7-5-10
Message 943 of 1,549
latest reply

Ah, Scotland is a GREAT place to visit.  And the scones at the Scots Seabird Center in North Berrrick is a great place to visit.  The food there is outstanding considering it is a tourist area. And the people there are very friendly and helpful.   The scones in particular were great!

And the Pizza place on Garden St (Heron cannot remember exactly but it was at the foot of the high cliff where the old fort is located. Located in Edinburgle)

Heron also is having troubles with the computer.  Some company keeps downloading 'apps' and Heron has to get a young person to make the computer operate correctly.  This is an ongoing problem.

Heron wishes you good luck on your trip.  

(Heron made it as far north as Dundee.  There is an old steam/sailing ship there.  A tourist attraction, but again, the food was very good.

Ah, Heron would like to see Scotland one more time.

(By the way, the Seabird Center is hiring, in case you need employment. Yes, Heron saw the ads on Googly!)

Message 944 of 1,549
latest reply

In order to 'cheer' you, el Heron will advise you about our weather this day:  Clouds at daybreak (0400 hrs).  Clouds burned off about 0930 hrs. 

Sunny and warm (current temp is 65 Fahrenhurt) Some cool breezes off the ocean. (Pacific one).  Today in direct sunlight in protected area the temps were higher than being in the wind.  Hot sun - cool breeze.

Oh, that's right, you are enjoying winter at this time!  Forgot all about that being wintertime down-under!  Just old age, perhaps?

Message 945 of 1,549
latest reply