cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

I am so ready for a foray and now that i am, I think I am getting some kind of bug.  Sure hope it isn't what DH had, but that has been long enough past that I don't think I'm getting what he had.  At first thought it was allergies, but now have sore throat.  I have been feeling so tired for the past week; maybe the bug finally got me.

Went to a social security workshop this evening.  Pretty interesting because of all the questions people had.  Always something to think about.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1426 of 3,155
latest reply

No!  You CANNOT get sick just before the big foray!  I forbid it!  And really hope you aren't getting sick, that sucks.  My allergies are going fulll bore and making me miserable. 

I have a few years before social security (but fewer than I might admit!).  I'm hoping it's still around when I get there.

Am on the run this morning (again!).  Spent too long walking the dog but it's so pretty out there.

Happy Wednesday!

its-only-wednesday-im-gonna-die-cute-kitten-mid-week-crisis-demotivational-posters-1434583616.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1427 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh Shirls!  Hope you aren't sick just before the big foray.  But if you are we can put it off a week.  Can't have you puking mid-flight.

Here's something cute to make you feel better.

funny-pictures-kitten-rolls-on-floor.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1428 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh Rootie!  I feel like that kitten who couldn't quite make it to his sleep box.  Just wore out.  I had what I prefer to call, "the bone crusher".  Went from a cold to the fever and arthralgia and just knocks you flat.   Seems it is the same crud DH had.  Even had a little gastro-intestinal mix with it.  Now, I'm just wore out and have the congested cough.  Awful stuff.  Was in bed by 8:30-9:00 at night and that is very unusual for me.  We are running low on groceries, but that's the way it goes.  I guess we will have to wait until next week-end for that foray.  It should be a good one; you know how it is after you have been ill and so happy to feel well again that you kind of go hog wildSmiley Very Happy  Sometimes i think God has a way of slowing us down when we think we just have to be all and do all.  Bam! 

Thanks for posting all the cute stuff to help bring a smile and make me feel better.  You held down the fort really well.  (is that good or well?)   Aw, you know what I mean.

Have a good week-end.  I'm resting some more.

Message 1429 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, poor Shirls!  I was afraid you came down with it.

Lots of fluids and rest.

Foray can wait a bit.  Although the grimrucks were expecting us - best to keep those guys on their toes anyway!  Wait, do they have toes?

Spare dogs are gone - hooray!  They are sweeties but lots of action when they are here.  Nice to take a deep breath.

Long week ahead, but I get to go to visit a friend the week after so I'm excited!

Feel better and don't spread your germs around, I can't get sick!

a1b05ff9443d9a7add92d8e3e95799c9.jpg

Message 1430 of 3,155
latest reply

Feeling a lot better but tire easily.  Can't get rid of the faucet I have for a nose.

Dug up a bunch of Iris yesterday and now don't have a good spot to plant them in.  The spots I thought I could use really aren't that great.  The bulbs I planted several weeks ago haven't come up yet, so maybe I'll just put the Iris there instead.  I already have too many of the things and should just see if any of the neighbors want them.  One neighbor I won't ask.  She will always take stuff, but have never seen her plant any of it. (so why take it?)

Rootie has already gone to bed for the night and just heard her bay in her sleep.  It is kind of an eerie sound.

I'm already thinking about my usual trip in the fall.  I don't want to go this year.  Need to do something else.

Message 1431 of 3,155
latest reply

Glad you are feeling somewhat better - at least good enough to go play in the yard.  My iris went nuts this year - going to have to be trimmed way back soon.

Maybe the neighbor plants it in her house.  Her whole dining room is a great big greenhouse?

The Wonder Dog yips in her sleep sometimes.  It's kind of cute.  The Queen is finally convinced the little dogs are gone and is busy patrolling the house again.  Had to carry her through the house a couple of times before she believed they were gone.

I am being boring.  Work and yard stuff mostly.  It was up to 90 yesterday - too hot to get much yard stuff done.  Supposed to be cooler today.

Off to PT today.  So much fun.

My allergies are giving me terrible fits.  Almost ran into the back of a truck while having a sneezing fit yesterday.

ee7171d24a9d87b4f4809aeb14188847.jpg

Message 1432 of 3,155
latest reply

90 is too hot for this time of year.  I'm so glad we cooled back down again.  Upper 60's the past couple of days and tonight will get down to 46*.  I sure hope so.  You know, I wouldn't care if had to wear sweaters from now until next fall.  It is going to be raining again tomorrow and by the week-end I think we will be back to near 90* again. 

Finally got out of the house today and went somewhere.......to get groceries and gas.  It was just nice to be out.  I want to go again, but for more fun reasons.

Having a string of sneezes while driving in the city is more dangerous than you think.  Maybe not as bad as a bee or wasp in the car thoughSmiley Very Happy

I have been back to walking again.  I think I will try a run tomorrow, but will have to start out slow.  Amazing how fast you can get out of shape and lose muscle strength.

I hear ebay is tweaking the community again.  I hope it's not what i saw the other night when having all sorts of glitches and crazy things going on while trying to post.   I saw new icons for posting images and videos.  Just leave things alone for Pete's sake.  All is well right now.   Reminds me of a job.  Get a new boss and everything changes.

Message 1433 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah for feeling better!  I wish I could run but doc says to stick to walking.  So I've been getting some nice walks in.  Track my steps with a fitbit - amazing how motivating that little gadget is.  And I hear you on the muscles - rehabbing those things is not fun.  Fortunately, the muscles seem to remember what they were supposed to do and come back pretty quick.

Our weather sounds about like yours.  Mid-60s today with rain and then back to 70s and sun for the weekend.

I can tell Spring is here - the mama ducks were out with the ducklings herding them around.  It's so cute.

Got to get our foray in this weekend if you're up to it - I'm going to be gone the next weekend.  CYE

And I have to be at work early.  I'd much rather sit here and drink coffee.

Its-wednesday-and.jpg

Message 1434 of 3,155
latest reply

CYE

I was in here earlier, but community was a train wreck.  Sign in, but every time try to do something; would get kicked out.  Then some authentication code wasn't working or some thing like that.  Gave up, checked emails.  Came back and then everything OK, but now I'm going to bed.

Yes, we need to get a foray in.  Are you up for a distance this time? The faster we go, the further we can get in a shorter time.

Message 1435 of 3,155
latest reply

Glad you made it!  I was worried when the revolving door went in you'd keep ending up on the wrong side! Smiley Wink

And yes on the foray - let's see how fast we can get moving, time to break some records.  Just for fun, let's do some low level flying down some roads.  Just remember, lights that are timed for 35 mph are also timed for 70 mph.

Today is going to be a long day - I can tell.  But we're supposed to have gorgeous weather this weekend so I have something to look forward to.

Bug finally leave for good?

This guy looks so much like my pup when she was young!  And yes, she winks at me sometimes and so do the cats.

MEME---My-dog.jpg

Message 1436 of 3,155
latest reply

That Rootie winks at me and I wink back just in case.

I think the bug is gone but has left behind a cough and sinus 'stuff'. 

We will have to watch for powerlines for sure.  Maybe zooming over a lake would be fun?  Throw in a few backyards....

Today was on the cool side.  I think it did finally make 60* late afternoon.  Supposed to be only 42* in the morning.  I really don't mind, it will be hot before you know it. 

I still need to find a place for those Iris!!  What was I thinking?

Message 1437 of 3,155
latest reply

Dern it Shirls, you weren't supposed to give me your bug!  Miserable couple of days but feeling better now.  Must be something going around.

We had 85 on Saturday and then back down to 50 yesterday.  Rest of the week should be in the 70s and sunny.  I think summer is arriving early this year.

Where did you put the iris?

I have been doing nothing interesting.  Working too hard, etc., etc.  Amazing how our lives get into a rut.  That's okay - vacation starts Thursday afternoon and I seriously need it.  And who scheduled me to work Thursday morning?  Oh yeah, it was me.  Dedicated is my middle name.  Robot Frustrated  (have to throw one of those awful things in every once in awhile).

And how'd I manage to go all weekend without getting groceries?  Guess what I'm doing after work?

Happy Monday!

LOLCAT_pawticipate.jpg

Message 1438 of 3,155
latest reply

That bug is making it's way around the country.  I can't seem to get rid of blowing my nose and coughing.  Either that or have allergies now.   Hope you will be feeling fit for Thursday.

By the time I got the iris clumps all separated I had 15 bulbs!  I just found little places and planted groups of 3's.  I checked on the other stuff I had planted and those bulbs had all rotted.  Too much rain and ground too wet.  Now we have another 4 day stretch of rain on the way again.  Iris can't be planted very deep. 

It only got up to 72* today but was very humid.  Tomorrow I think we are back in the 80's.

DH is going to be underfoot again.  Today was first day and already wish he would find something to do.  I can make a list for himSmiley Very Happy

I can't believe it has been a week since I got groceries and I sure don't feel like getting them tomorrow....so, I'm not.  Ha!

Message 1439 of 3,155
latest reply

Some of my most memorable meals have been made when I didn't feel like grocery shopping.  You can be inventive!

Feeling better today, which is a good thing since I'm trying to get ready to be gone for a few days.  Where did all this work come from?

I'm fairly confident I would like to see the list youou give dh!  Can I guess what is at the top of it?

We were cool and cloudy yesterday but the rest of the week is supposed to be nice.  I'll take it.

Was just watching a news story about a goose that likes to fly alongside a boat.  Really cute!  The geese at my office aren't that cute when they get close - those suckers can be mean!

Since we had to postpone the big foray due to circumstances, want to do it tomorrow night?  Be a great way to start my vacation!

I stayed up too late watching the Mariners win - again!  They are doing so well this year I am cautiously optomistic - they've broken my heart before.

6c95f354f6f5d8b165bbcc75e0eb0324.jpg

Message 1440 of 3,155
latest reply