cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Fried bologna is on the menu!  And dill pickles!

On the run this a.m.......

they-told-me-i-could-be-anything-54-picasso.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1411 of 3,155
latest reply

Back to the top for Shirls!

Fun weekend - got a bit done, did some resting, watched some baseball....

Gorgeous weather - up in the 80s and not very windy.     And it's Monday.  I'd rather nap.

Super-Funny-Animal-Pictures-With-Captions-12.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 1412 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh the poor dog; wonder what happened to him?  Have to admire animals; they will adapt and overcome.

Good weekend here too.  Nothing exciting; just good.  Got a lot done outdoors, especially the planting & mowing.  Removed the stump that was leftover after I chopped one of the shrubs down that was in front of the house.  It was sandwiched between two azalea bushes that needed the extra room.  Couldn't believe how warm it got though.  DH got a sunburn.  It may have reached 80* or so, but the sun felt a lot hotter than that.  After we finished, Rootie jumped in the car and we all went to Sonic.  Love the grilled chicken sandwich.  Also had a soft-serve icecream cone; yum!!  On Sunday we BBQ'd.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1413 of 3,155
latest reply

Did they give Rootie a treat at Sonic?  Everytime we get McDonalds we have to get a 4 piece nugget for The Wonder Dog.  She knows, the little stink, and wants her nuggets as soon as we get home.

90 yesterday but should cool down to the mid-80s today and then keep cooling down until we're back in the high 50s on the weekend.  My lilacs are gorgeous early this year!  Of course, the tree pollens are going nuts so there is a downside.

Who scheduled me for PT at 7:30 a.m.?  Oh yeah, guess it was me.  Got a lot to do at work this week so it made sense to get the PT done early.  Still.....

4add55466ca87ee4992bc71f3fecc391.jpg

Message 1414 of 3,155
latest reply

Good thing those dogs don't have skin allergy problems with all those folds!

Rootie gets a burger patty mixed with her chow.  She is beginning to show that we are her pack and this is her home and the car is hers too.  When the girl brought the food out, Rootie barked at her.  She will also give a little growl when someone comes to the door.  We have had her now for a little over 5 months.

90*....zikes!  That's a little above normal for there isn't it?  78* today.  Have some rain coming......you guessed it, Thursday.  Why always grocery day??  Get a little cool down to normal temps for this time of year but by early next week...mid 80's.

Looked out the window today and it almost looked to be snowing.  Lots of little white fleecy objects just floating in the air.  Went out to see what it was and it was thousands of dandelion seeds adrift.  AArgh!  Someone a few houses down was mowing their yard.  Now we know where all the dandy's come from.Smiley Frustrated

Sometimes I wonder too at what times I set appointments.  Did I really do that? & what was I thinking? ha!

Message 1415 of 3,155
latest reply

We used to have a shar pei - you mostly have to keep them clean, they are prone to skin infections.  And they are cute as all get out!

Sounds like Rootie is all happy now - what a lucky dog.  They are such cute dogs.

Yeah, it's the hottest April on record.  Bah.  Got the a/c in the bedroom already.  I'm not really complaining, mind you.  Rather nice to have some sunny weather just wasn't ready for it.  Haven't even switched out my winter clothes yet.

Great, tell the neighbor to kill the dandies before mowing.  Way to seed the neighborhood.

I won tickets to a production of Paint Your Wagon the other day.  Excited to go and see it!  Tickets aren't until June though.

And off I go!

96828bb9b2bcc3cb1c676aa8495a7b1d.jpg

Message 1416 of 3,155
latest reply

Been a long day for some reason.  Cleaned up 3 messes.  This morning Myah decided to hurl cat chow from atop the paper shreader.  Then right before I needed to leave for an appointment, somehow I dropped my full coffee mug when taking it out the micro.  So coffee flew between the counter and fridge and all over everything that was between the counter and fridge.  This afternoon Rootie decided to relieve herself in the living room.  There is a reason for that so not entirely her fault. (long story that involves the vet and what he decided to medicate her with for her skin allergies).  Have more to say about that, but don't have the time and don't care to in here.

Ready for a foray?

Message 1417 of 3,155
latest reply

I am totally ready!  Give me a break from the monster dogs I'm babysitting.  They are actually pretty good - it's just an extra 2 animals in the house, one of which is still a puppy who thinks negative attention is better than no attention!

Sounds like one of THOSE days for you.  Don't you hate that?  Today will be better, I'm sure.

Got home to find a wasp nest between the front door and the screen.  Sent dh out with the spray but it meant I couldn't open the front door for a bit and it was hot yesterday.

Supposed to be cooler today (that's what they said yesterday), but the sunshine is so pretty!  Only up to 70 today.

The Queen is put out that we have small dogs around.  She is in her cupboard pouting.  She's not afraid of them, just doesn't want to be bothered with them.

1464ab34116ab667ce48777e922409c4.jpg

Message 1418 of 3,155
latest reply

What a shocker to hear about Prince.  Too young!!  Had some kind of flu or virus thing....scarey.

Much better day.  Rained off and on and stayed cool.  Today 10* BELOW the norm Smiley Very Happy  I liked it.

There are so many wasps around here.  Had them bad last year and looks like there will be tons of them again this year.  Will have to keep an eye on the shutters on the shed.  Wasps had whole armies living under 2 of them; they would come out in swarms....remember me telling about that?  And how they stung DH and how I killed them all?Smiley Very Happy    There are so many kinds too.  The ones that seem really aggressive are the orangish-brown with black colors.

Glad it's Friday tomorrow.  I do think I will goof off tomorrow and let me know when you want to do a foray.  I think we should go for some distance this time.

Message 1419 of 3,155
latest reply

I think distance is a good idea.  Over land or sea?

I'm sad about Prince too - so much talent gone.

We were cooler yesterday and breezy - was really, really nice.  Back to rain in time for the weekend.

A goof off day sounds good.  Maybe tomorrow.

I do remember the wasps!  And thought of them when dh said he was going to get the nest.  That's his job - I stay far away from those things (mostly). 

Have a few things to get accomplished this weekend but not much.  Shopping is the big one - I think we're low on food again.  Funny how that happens.

Please check the fort for wasps prior to foray.

Cute to end the week.

146.jpg

Message 1420 of 3,155
latest reply

I just love to watch momma kitties and their babies.  When we were in the process of adopting Rootie, watched this momma and her 3 juveniles.  It was hilarious.  Had everyone laughing and the momma was so patient with them.  Her tail was a thrashing though, ha!

Fort checked and all clear. 

Very nice day yesterday but heated right back up again today.  Finally got the yard mowed again; it was getting pretty tallSmiley Surprised

The faeries are more active now too.

FaeriesLeaves.JPGPeri&acorns.JPG

Message 1421 of 3,155
latest reply

Faeries&horse.JPG

They may be trying out some new faerie dust.....

Message 1422 of 3,155
latest reply

I'm late, late, late.... more later, maybe.

9a97ffa4e7db1cbdfc438cce44601406.jpg

Message 1423 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh I like that!!!! 

Busy Monday and nothing to tell that would be earth shattering. 

Later Pal

Message 1424 of 3,155
latest reply

I knew you'd like it!  Smiley Happy

Crazed weekend.  Lots of stuff to do but nothing fun, just happy homeowner "stuff".  And we have sister's puppy here.  Poor girl, took her buddy to the vet for some surgery and he won't be back until Saturday and The Wonder Dog won't play with her and her peeps are gone so her world is weird right now and so she is being destructive.  I have rescued so many shoes, napkins, bolts (don't ask), etc.  Can't blame her.  Super high energy so I spent a lot of time playing with her and walking her, much to the dismay of the cats.

I'm ready for the foray.  Fine tuned the broom and double checked the brakes.  I haven't used them in a long time so I figured it was time to check them!

And now to rescue an empty paper towel roll.  Where did she get that?

Top-30-Very-Funny-Animals-Memes-Very-funny.jpg

Message 1425 of 3,155
latest reply