cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Kind of worked - got out of the office at 4.  And then the weekend was a total bust.  Rained all weekend and I didn't feel like doing anything.  Did go get my nails done and some shopping with sis - always fun.

Mostly I slept all weekend - think I needed it?  But I have a crazy busy week coming up so I guess I should have rested up!

Be careful in your canoe and don't forget Chip's life jacket!

20090303214738_funny-pictures-your-cat-likes-laying-around-all-day_medium.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 856 of 3,155
latest reply

Sounds as though you could have gone canoeing too but the sleep sounds good too.  Worked in the yard both yesterday and some today.  Also got my car washed; woo hoo!

I tried to get a life jacket on that chipmunk but she was just too fidgety and runs too fast.  Her tail sticks straight up in the air as she runs and is very bushy.  I don't think I have ever seen a chipmunk tail quite that bushy.  She has been busy this weekend too.  She loves to DIG. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 857 of 3,155
latest reply

All that rain turned the parking lot at my office into a pond (our office is on a lake).  The ducks were swimming around the parking lot - I should have gotten a picture.

So cute that Chip is sticking around.  Guess she found her forever home!  And I can just see you trying to get the Barbie life jacket on her - now that I would like video of!

Fortunately the rain is letting up - was actually pretty yesterday afternoon which makes me happy.  Got in a good walk after work with the pup.  Been tracking my steps and got up over 13k yesterday, yeah me!

I still have a ton of yard work to do - wish that stuff would quit growing.

Corned beef & cabbage for dinner - hooray!

stpatscatsdogs.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 858 of 3,155
latest reply

Corned beef and cabbage sounds so yummy!  I'll be over in a flash!

Ducks swimming in the parking lot would have been cute.  You must have had a lot of rain!

How much of the 13k is done at work?  You are getting some miles in there woman!  Good job!  Give yourself a little treat now.

Chip showed up here last year; late spring.  She spent her first winter with us in the same underground home of the first rogue chipmunk we had.  That one stuck around for about 8 years or more.  Was so happy to get another chipmunk; as long as it is just the one and not a whole group of them.

Yeah, there is lots left to do in the yard here also.  Just getting started.  Probably won't be out now for a few days.  Having a cold front moving in and more rain on the way too.

Message 859 of 3,155
latest reply

You didn't get here fast enough and I ate it all!  And it was yummy!

Yeah, we set some records with the rain recently.  It's slowed down some and I was actually able to park in my parking spot yesterday.  I think there are plans to fix the drainage system but we all know how that goes.

Wonder what the average lifespan of a chipmunk is?  The rat guy was out the other day and found a squirrel in one of our bait stations - first time that's happened.

I have a desk I can stand or sit at and I usually end up standing most of the day (easier on my back).  I walk in place a lot and take frequent breaks and walk around the parking lot or around the deck that goes all the way around the office building.  Feels better when I move a lot.  Beats the treadmill.

Well, if the rain is moving in I guess it's time for me to come over and play dolls!  Isn't that what rainy days are for?

funny-cat.jpg

Message 860 of 3,155
latest reply

Treadmills don't bother me much if I am working out in a gym and there are others around me on a treadmill.  Otherwise, can't do them.  Need to be completely zoned out.  I will run circles and loops in my basement during bad weather before I'll hop on a treadmill. 

We have rain moving in tonight and will be rainy most of tomorrow.  It was back down to 38* this morning and maybe to 50* for a high this afternoon.  I didn't mind being out in the cool this morning for exercise but it felt downright chilly later in the day.

It has been awhile since I read up on chipmunks, but I think average is 5-7 years.  Longer if they are kept indoors as a pet.  I get such a kick out of watching them.  This one can run really fast and when she does, her tail is all bushy and sticks straight up in the airSmiley Very Happy  The birds are competition when it comes to food.  She has learned that if she charges at them(tail bushy and straight up)she can scare them a little and get at the food.  Birds like doves are bigger than she is,(and they can really gobble the food) so she has to be aggressive.  The first one we had was a real entertainer.

Tomorrow is grocery shopping.  There's got to be more to life than chores.  I think it's time for another foray soon. 

Message 861 of 3,155
latest reply

Patiently waiting for video of Chip.

I'm with you on another foray - let's pick a non-rainy night but with clouds so we can sneak around.

Going to the annual Women's Show tomorrow with sis - should be fun.  Even took the day off to do it.

Overslept this a.m. and now am rushing around getting out of here.  but the sleep was nice!

funny_pictures_cat_has_a_half_full_glass-s400x384-320261.jpg

Message 862 of 3,155
latest reply

Annual woman's show would be fun to go to.  I imagine you can pick up a lot of little freebies as you go.

Going to the dealership tomorrow to have another key made for my car.  This one is getting worn and the tumblers don't work very well.  So taking the spare key to have new one made from it.   After that I think a little 'fun' shopping is in order.

Wasn't as rainy as predicted today, so that was Ok.  Tomorrow should be a good day to be out and about.

DH got both the lawn mowers tuned and ready for another season of beating the grass into submission.

Let me know when you are ready for a foray.  Broom is rarin' to go.

Hey, have a good time tomorrow:-)

Message 863 of 3,155
latest reply

We had a great time!  Lots of freebies, lots of interesting info and lots of free sample foods.  Only thing we couldn't figure out is if you eat ice cream while walking up the stairs does that cancel out the ice cream calories?

I did buy a new flat iron - my old one needed replacing anyway and the girl selling them used me as a "model" to show how it well this one worked (gave me a nice discount too!).  My hair was a mess at the time - I had finally given up on getting it to look nice and just pulled it back out of the way so it worked out well. 

Oh, and I picked up some really cool slushy stuff that you can mix with wine or alcohol.  On one of our summer forays I'll make the one that tastes like watermelon Jolly Ranchers - so good!  And some dip mix made with ghost peppers. 

Supposed to rain all weekend so I probably won't get much yardwork done - I try to get the yard waste bin filled every week but it doesn't always happen.

Then again, maybe I'll just nap all weekend.  That would be good too!  Although I did realize yesterday I need shoes... oh the possibilities are endless!

funnycats-48342.jpg

Message 864 of 3,155
latest reply

Yeah!  The reply button is back!  I thought we needed to get this thread up to 1000 before summer and then start a new one.

I like shopping in the middle of the week more but it never works out that way for me.  Maybe when I win the lottery and retire.

Thanks for reminding me I need to get my car in for service too.  Or maybe it's late.  Oh well.  That I try to get done early on the weekends - in and out in about 10 minutes.

Yeah, I want to know who is in charge of the weather.  Pouring down rain right now.  I need it to stay dry for awhile so the garage door gets dried out so we can replace the panels.  Work, work, work.

I really need one of these pillows for The Queen.  She's been in a regal mood lately.

funny-pictures-cat-dutifully-ignores-you.jpg

Message 865 of 3,155
latest reply

I reported the problem to the moderator last night and I thank him/ or her for fixing it for usSmiley Happy

10 minute service?  Wow, I need that place.  I don't even remember Jiffy Lube being that fast.  You must have a pit crew for your service team. snort.Smiley Wink

It got pretty warm today; maybe 76* or so.  Now I can complain about it being too warm in the house tonight.  Have the windows open but there is no breeze whatsoever.  Won't have that problem tomorrow with temps getting down to 32* tomorrow nightSmiley Surprised  I'll need to go out Friday and cover some of the plants that are coming up because temps will drop into the 20's Friday and Saturday night.

One of the perks with my old job was having days off during the week.  Made it nice to be able to do certain errands that can be done only M-F.  Drawback was having to work every other weekend but sometimes that was not so bad.  So, I understand how working M-F makes it difficult to shop or whatever else you may want to do on a week day.

That is what I like about Siamese cats; they are balanced.  Sometimes Myah ignores me but most of the time she follows me around and stays close like a dog would.  Mitzi was a very good companion kitty too.  Sadie just blew everybody off, ha!

Message 866 of 3,155
latest reply

Wow on your weather!  That's some big changes.  We get a break from the rain today and then back to it for the weekend.   But it's not cold or icy so I shouldn't complain.

Fortunately, if something has to be done during the week I can usually take time off to do it.  It's not like I don't spend enough time in the office.

Notifying the mod - what a smart idea!  Duh - my poor brain doesn't turn on until after the 3rd cup of coffee!

Q follows me around a lot.  The Queen just has her blankie on the couch behind me so I can reach back and pet her when she's in the mood.  She's such a spoiled girl.

Running late this a.m. - slept in, yeah me!

This guy made me giggle.

cat-on-couch-funny-cats.jpg

Message 867 of 3,155
latest reply

It was drizzly most of the day and temp in the 40's.   Did my usual this morning and when got home, noticed the neighbor's big maple tree had been cut down.  For quite some time it had been growing into the power lines and totally blocking the street light.  Leaves a big empty space but I am actually glad it is gone.  The first people who lived there are the ones who planted it directly under the power lines.  They knew it would eventually cause a problem to the power company but they also knew they would not be living here long enough to deal with it.  I'm kinda glad it is gone because now maybe we can have a little bit of street light in our front yard.  I bet my neighbor will miss it though because they liked to park under it.

Gif kitty looks the least bit concerned about his predicament.   He may be trying to reverse the effects of gravitySmiley Very Happy

That was some bummer news about the German airline 'deliberate' crash.  So much for not being able to get into the cabin.  What a tragedy!

I sure wanted to sleep in this morning.  I could not go to sleep last night.  Normally, I don't drink caffienated coffee but, I decided to have some yesterday.  Even had it earlyier in the day.  I think I was awake until around 3AM.  Myah was getting irked because I kept moving around.  She was swatting her tail pretty emphatically. haha!  Bet I sleep good tonight.  It will be cooler in the house too, so that should help.

Message 868 of 3,155
latest reply

We got into the 70s yesterday and it was glorious!  Supposed to stay that way today and then the rain comes back for the weekend.  Hopefully there will be some sun breaks so I can do outside stuff.

The airliner tragedy just makes my heart hurt.

I'm trying to cut back some on the coffee and see if it helps my sleep some.  Worth a shot.  Of course Q sleeping on my head at 3:30 this morning did not help any.

Thinking of adding a sound system to the broom - we could really annoy some people that way!

Friday!

69d5fcbcbc41491a2d4c9a9698c451b5.jpg

Message 869 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh yeah!  Sound system on the broom!!  Great idea!  Reminds me of the movie 'Apocolypse Now'.

Awww...cute kitteh!!  He has some furry feet doesn't he?  What a stinker!

Got in the 40's today.  It did frost last night.  Was 28* this morning.  Was already in the 30's  by 6pm tonight.  Supposed to get down to 23* tonight.  I hate this.  Happens every spring for past 3 years.  The trees are budding and leafing, etc etc...  Oh well.

Guess I can finish what I started a while back in the doll room.  Organize organize organize!!  Tossing some stuff, sorting out other stuff to sell.  I am usually in a hurry when i go in there to do things, so it does get messed up and items don't get put where they belong.  In fact, i would like to be able to cut my collection in half.  Just focus on vintage barbie and be done with it.

Message 870 of 3,155
latest reply