cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

How true how true(what the cat is thinking)!!  They are just all for themselves aren't they?

That foray was the best and yeah we needed a good one.  It's been a long winter.

I'm sitting here listening to the off and on downpours of rain.  Our yard is already a soggy bog from all the snow, the rain on top of it and the melting.  Now more rain and sounds like we will be getting up to 3 inches of sleet followed by up to another 6 inches of snow.  I will be ready for the pink padded room after that IF we get what's predicted.

My knee is feeling a bit better as long as I don't hyper extend the lower leg.  I said "bolt it" this morning and went for my walk and also jogged my 1 mile; being pretty careful.  So far so good.  I'm stubborn as can be and of course swear I know my limits.

MRI tube. Hmmmm, hope all is OK there ms Rootie.  It has been several years since had a CAT or MRI.  Not sure if you are talking about barium or not, but yeah drinking it is nasty and so is the other waySmiley Surprised  Definitely don't need to laugh when trying to hold that in.

Well, let's not wait too long before we do another foray.  With these new brooms we can plan some interesting escapades now.  Can you imagine when the super-sonic models come out?  One way to straighten your hairSmiley Very Happy

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 841 of 3,155
latest reply

I'd love to have straight hair!  Right now it takes a 1/2 hour with a dryer and a flat iron to make it somewhat straight!  Let's hope the super sonic brooms are out soon.  Wonder if we could "aquire" a prototype?

Good news on the knee - just keep babying it.  Easier said that done.

Cold in the mornings here and then we get some nice sun in the afternoon.  Hard to complain.  Allergies are having a hay day though!  (see what I did there?)

The Queen just vacated my lap - must be time to go to work.

Funny-Cats-animal-humor-17386140-382-512.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 842 of 3,155
latest reply

What....you complained after saying it was hard to complain? hahaha!!  Join the crowd of humans.

What a brat cat wanting his/her foot kissed.  But I love that white foot.  Sadie had beautiful, big, white feet.  She even had a tiny speck of black just like this spoiled brat here. 

Good news.  I babied the knee today simply because could not go outdoors this morning and really did not feel like running circles in the basement.  So, it got a break today.  The temps fell pretty quickly this afternoon and the rain turned to a mushy sleet coming down.  We were out in it and did not take long for the roads to get a bit slick.  It did start to snow after we got home, but it has already stopped thank goodness.  Unless it starts in again.  We are going to be pretty cold for the next 3 days.  Lowest temp predicted is 2* for tomorrow night. 

Went to the Outback today for steaks.  They were SO good!  Had not gone out for steaks in verrry long time.  Am actually pretty used to not eating steak that often though.

Will keep my eyes open for that prototype broom for you.  You could straighten your hair in far less time and effort.  That's if you want to be flying around on a broom that early in the morningSmiley Very Happy

Message 843 of 3,155
latest reply

Me human?  You take that back!

Glad to hear about your knee - it's miserable when they aren't working right.  And as we get older things seem to get "broke" easier and easier.

Now I want steak.  I think a trip to the butcher shop is in order.  Haven't had a really good steak in a long time.

Q has these great big feet that are so sweet - except when they are in my face early in the a.m.  Little brat.

Off to work early this morning.  Go figure.

v446.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 844 of 3,155
latest reply

Had a pretty good chuckle this morning even though woke up to about 7" of new snow on the ground and 18*.  Poked my head out and heard this noise.  Familiar noise but thought maybe someone was pounding on a metal pole as sure could not be what I thought it was.  Well, that is what it turned out to be!  We have our second rogue Chipmunk now.  Acquired this one last spring.  I guess 'Chip' is definitely a girl as was the last one.  Anyway, what I heard was Chip 'barking' and she was way over at the neighbors.  I checked her entrance and exit areas of her underground home and they are both snowed over.  So, she must have spent the night away from 'home' in that storm and cold.  I guess when 'nature' calls, come ____or highwater, they are going to find a partner.  Concerned that just MAYBE she was in dutch, I called her.  In a few minutes she was 'home' and digging furiously in the snow to get to her den.  The snow just flew!!  So funny!!  Then she bit into the plastic water drainage pipe and really tore at it.  Poor girl is frustrated. Then she does leaps and bounds in this deep snow and finds another place to dig.  Can't see her, but can see the snow just FLY!!  I'm laughing by now.  Awww, i felt sorry for her.  She was hungry and would try to eat, but the call for a partner was too much.  After awhile she disappeared again and I'm not sure if she just got wore out and went into her den or if she

took off in search.  Did not hear the barking any more either.  I just hope she is safe in her den as it is supposed to get down to 2* tonight.  Right now, it is already down to 12*.  The neighbor's yard is not such a good place to go.  He works on cars and has a lot of 'stuff' all over the place.  He also has his garage door open most of the day because of all the painting and what not he does in there.  Keeping my fingers crossed for little Chip.

Watched a show about Alaska tonight.  All the fishing for the winter made me hungry for fish.  Fresh caught, GOOD fish like salmon or halibut.  All the filleting and the smoking and the canning and the grilling was too much to bear.  I want fish.

Message 845 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh my!  Sounds like Chip was having a frustrating morning!    I would have laughed too - they are so cute wehn they are intent on their goals.

Should I even mention that we're supposed to get up to 60 this weekend?  Nah, probably shouldn't.

I think halibut is on our menu tonight.  I got some really nice halibut steaks off one of the boats down at the pier late last year and I think this is the end of them.  Makes me sad.

I have to find a better toy for The Queen - one that doesn't require me to run it.  She constantly annoys me to play with the laser light.  Think your kitty wants to donate a shoe?

a-fish-truck_c_365839.jpg

Message 846 of 3,155
latest reply

You can mention your 60* because I think by early next week we may hit 70*Smiley Very Happy  Tomorrow in the 40's, so should get a good melt going on the snow.  The streets were pretty icey this morning.

Halibut sounds so good.  Been awhile since had it.

Did not see hide nor hair of little Chip.  Hope she's OK.  Today is the 3rd and last day of her 'predicament'.

Myah is tired of her shoe, so she probably wouln't mind letting Queen play with it for awhile. 

The little neighbor girl brought over some cookies she had made in her toy oven (now, I can't think of what those ovens are called).  I hate it when that happens and as soon as i post this I will think of it but, I think you know what I'm talking about.  Anyhoo, those little cookies were actually pretty good.  I guess she and her mom did a role reversal today......mom was making an igloo and daughter was baking cookies. (She was being supervised by an older sister).  I tried very hard not to laugh when she brought the cookies over, but it was pretty cute.  She used a good sized plate for 4 itsy bitsy cookiesheart

Message 847 of 3,155
latest reply

EZ Bake oven?  Those things still around?  How sweet of her to bring you cookies - did you invite her in to have tea? 

We've supposed to start raining soon - like Wednesday.  I noticed my lilacs are budding and my cherry tree has already bloomed and looks gorgeous.  Guess spring has arrived!  My allergies sure know it!

My nice quiet weekend went nuts (as normal).  Ended up getting a bunch of stuff done though.  Got a new summer weight duvet for the bed.  I tend to keep the room rather cold so poor dh needs to keep the warm comforter on all year round.  BUT it meant I didn't have time to sit down all weekend.  Boo!  I need a maid, a gardner, a personal shopper and a chef.  Think I'll get any of those soon?  I did get to take The Wonder Dog for a few long walks so at least that was good and it was so pretty out!  And cleaned out a bunch of flower beds, etc., etc.

So did you have fish?

Happy Monday!

tumblr_mbkxnyWByl1rfn1pzo1_500.jpg

Message 848 of 3,155
latest reply

No fish, but we had Mexican and Portugese bean soup(not at same time)ha!

Chip did show up yesterday thank goodness.  I think she probably had a 2 day rest after all thatSmiley Very Happy  Wow, it made her do some pretty crazy things.

Locked the keys, purse, phone, and what not in the car Sunday.  The door went closed but not all the way.  Still can't get the door open though.  Was in the parking lot of a fairly busy antique store that has a nice restaurant.  They could offer no assistance, police no longer unlock car doors, and DH was long, gone away from the house and I knew it would be a loooong time before he would be home.  So, thought would use the old hanger trick.  Antique place said they had NONE!  What?  So, walked to a furniture store that was open.  An employee had one in his truck so let me have it.  So, here we go.  New wire hangers are so flimsy don't you know.  I can barely get the thing in the door, still pretty tight even with it ajar.  I try to work the keys out of my purse.  I get them hooked, they fall off, etc etc.  FINALLy get the keys out, and place them on top of the purse.  Had to get the purse positioned a little flatter.  OK now push the power button.  Wire not strong enough.  OK try to reach the trunk release.  Not long enough.  Was hoping a seat may not be latched and could get in car that way.  So, it did not work and just as well cause I know full well the seat is latched!!  Now, work on the silver lock latch on the door.  It has to be pulled up, but it is waaaaay at the other end of the door.  Hanger to flimsy and not long enough.  OK I have messed around for exactly ONE hour and not ONE person of groups, couples, whatever that walked by and looked, glared, or whatever at me, seeing my problem would stop to offer any help AT ALL!!  Finally a guy, his wife, and son stopped.   He worked at it.  20 minutes later another guy stopped.  He had his son too so the 2 boys had  someone to play with while adults are trying to get car unlocked.   I told the guy what I thought would work but the hanger was a problem.  Solution is coming.  Me and the first guy try to pull as best we could on the door gap at the topof door.  The 2nd guy managed to get the wire down in straight above the latch.  I had put a nice hook in the wire, but it kept slipping off the button.  After 2 hours total of work I heard the wonderful sound of the unlock click.  I cried I was so happy and thanked those wonderful people I didn't know,  how many times for their help.  I was exhausted after that and just went home.  Did not even go in the store to shop.

Message 849 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh, that locked car/keys ordeal sounds draining!  So glad someone helped you out, I would have cried too.  Then again, I once locked myself out of my car.... while it was running..... in front of a police station.

Can't believe I'm already running late this morning.  And it's only Tuesday.  Got to get stuff done before doctor appointment, so much fun.

And next time you're shopping you might want to pick up a "hide a key" and install it!

Of course, what I want to do is go back to bed.

funny cute cat -2.jpg

Message 850 of 3,155
latest reply

Sounds like a good idea; the hidden key.  It had been a loooong time since locked myself out of the car and this time the car was just at the right angle and the door went shut.  Was removing my jacket and there she went.  That is why EVERYTHING ELSE was still in the car.

Glad to get a break from the rain today.  We were floating yesterday.  Had to go in back yard to clear the drainage area.  Had a little lake forming.  Leaves and other yard silt was causing a blockage.  I got to try my new galoshes, they are so pretty.  Blue with little umbrellas all over.Smiley Happy  Today was cloudy until around 6pm when the sun finally peaked out.  Rain again tomorrow and Friday.  Boo Hiss.

Saw Chip today.  She was rushing about, in a big hurry.  Cheek pouches as full as she could get them.  She was picking up tree leaves and stuffing them in.  I guess she is building a nest....hmmmmmm.  Well, guess will find out in 28-35 days.

My back has been giving fits now for over a week.  Don't know what caused it.  Low back, mid back, neck.  Maybe it's tension or maybe I need to not shovel snow any more or maybe both.  Yep.  That's it.

Message 851 of 3,155
latest reply

couldn't get logged in yesterday - boo!

Yeah, i know that sinking feeling you get when you realize that everything is in the car except you.  Not fun.

Glad Chip is still around - bet she'll be glad when spring gets here.

We're back to rain too.  Not galoshes type rain but just the steady drizzle.  At least it's clearing out the air some, my allergies are in full swing already.

Someone gave me a coupon for a trial of home delivered organic fruits & veggies - I am really pleased with the variety and the quality.  Pretty cool to go out to get the paper this a.m. and have them all sitting on my doorstep.  Lettuce, kale, asparagus, potatoes, tomatoes, oranges, apples, pears, radishes, broccoli, etc., etc.  Let's see if I use it all up to make it worth continuing.

Q has decided the bottom of the bed is "his".  Doesn't matter if I want to put my feet there.  Wonder why he doesn't take over dh's side?  And trying to move a very large, heavy, sleeping cat is impossible.

cute-funny-cat-pictures-with-captions-318.jpg

Message 852 of 3,155
latest reply

I love to come in here and look over all the cat pictures.  Some of them are pretty comical; especially all the facial expression.

Home delivery of organic fruits and veggies sounds appealing.  I notice that when I grocery shop, the fresh produce takes the longest to get through, so spend a lot of time there.  You have to look over everything and then 'package' it too.  Not only will you (hopefully) get fresh organic produce, but save  time when you do your shopping.

Ebay must have been tweaking things again.  I see a new login.  What was wrong with the old one?  Nothing.  Gotta find something to do I guess:-)

Message 853 of 3,155
latest reply

I know - some of the cats have the best expressions, you can just tell what they are thinking.

I spend a lot of time in the produce section too so it would be nice to be able to breeze through it and just pick up a couple of things.

I don't want to work today.  Think I'll just annoy my boss all day and see if I can get him to tell me to go home early.  Think that will work?

funny-pictures-cat-is-annoying.jpg

Message 854 of 3,155
latest reply

So...did it work?  Did he say:

GO HOME ROOTY!!!Man Mad SEE YOU ON MONDAY!!Woman LOL

I think I am going to rent a canoe and paddle around in back.....maybe go up the drainage ditch a ways.  hahahahaha!!  Maybe I'll take the chipmunk along. 

Have a great week-end, whatever you do or don't do.

Message 855 of 3,155
latest reply