cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Just have to drop this off!

brooms - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 556 of 3,155
latest reply

Ha!  I think I killed all the peonies!  We'll see next year when it's time for them to come up again. 

You know, with the boss gone all week I thought I could coast.  Think again.  I just want a couple of quiet days to take care of miscellaneous tasks.  Not happening.  /end whine

but hooray for 3 day weekends!  Nothing great planned - think we may clean out the garage, go to a ballgame, bbq steaks, all that fun stuff.

Going to hit PT this am and then into work.  At least I always feel good after PT.

This made me laugh.  Shirls, CYE for the one I was going to post and thought better of.

attempted murder - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 557 of 3,155
latest reply

I love the women are angels one!  Need to find one big enough for a poster or frame and hang it right here by the puter!

Email checked and replied.   It did not come through although where it tells you how big the email is, it should have been there.  I blame it on our wonky service, but maybe try sending it again?

Sometimes even when I feel tired or don't want to do my exercise in the morning, I always feel better after I have done it.

Stinky #2 may becoming a pest.  She was in the front yard this morning by the mailbox as DH was getting the paper.  She took off across the street.  DH ate breakfast and when he went to the back to leave for work, guess who was there?  This one is marked so differently.  Only a white puff on top the head and white tip on the tail.  I really hope she does not become a pest and just stays in the back yard looking for the mole and cicadas.  We have a mole doing his tunneling in our back yard.  I think Stinky has been digging into his tunnel.  Hope so.  Maybe she will get him out of here as I do think skunks have a taste for rodents and the like.  The Stinky from last year kept the slug population in check.

Keep forgetting there is a 3 day weekend coming up.  DH is going to be busy as back to his old schedule.  Doubt we will be doing anything at all.  Hrrumph.  Course that does not mean I can't find something to doSmiley Wink

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 558 of 3,155
latest reply

Email resent - weird what things do sometimes. I love that one too - was thinking of getting a poster size and hanging it somewhere. I hear you on the exercise - sometimes I just don't wanna but I always feel better after I do. So I keep on truckin... Wonder if there's a skunk repellant. Would it smell good? Sounds like a nice quiet weekend - I wouldn't mind one of those. You know, where you have nothing planned and just do fun, spur of the moment stuff? And I'm tired tonight - going to hit the hay early I think since it's Friday eve!

Message 559 of 3,155
latest reply

friday ah - Copy.jpg

Message 560 of 3,155
latest reply

I didn't even go anywhere today.  Felt just like that cat and took a nap this afternoon.

And if I see a polar bear with a chainsaw I figure the end must be nearSmiley LOL

Have a nice weekend, Rootie!

Message 561 of 3,155
latest reply

Rootie, I'm sorry that your co-workers were so needy and took away from your while the cat's away time. Smiley Sad

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 562 of 3,155
latest reply

Hooray for naps!

And yes, if  you see polar bears with chainsaws you know the end is near.

Thanks Mark - it wasn't co-workers driving me insane, it was the clients!  Forturnately Friday turned into a quiet day and I was able to get stuff done - like crawling around under the desks and organizing all the cords.  It's weird the stuff that bugs us, isn't it?

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!  Been raining all day here so I can have the house open and it smells good outside.  I can feel fall coming!

Message 563 of 3,155
latest reply

You can't blink!!!  Saturday just went by..............

Cloudy and damp day.  Not really any rain, just a few drops now and then.  Stayed indoors and contunued with going through stuff.  Have several piles now.  One for yard sale, one for thrift store, one for AMVets, and the other gets tossed immediately in the trashSmiley LOL  Did find my dog tags.  They were a mess inside the vinyl covers.  Guess when I was done, I took them off and put them away the way they were.  So, decided to clean them up.  Kind of a weird feeling handling and cleaning them.  Hard to believe that was even a part of my life at one time.  That led to looking at 'other' items from then.  Memory lane.  At least I don't cry any more when I put the uniform on.

Now I would have loved to have seen that!!  Rootie on all 4s under the desks organizing the cords. 

I'm glad you are feeling fall coming.  I know it should be, but when still in the 90's and humid.......be patient.

All in all, a good day really.  So much to be thankful for.

Hi Mark ~  Hope you are having a good week-end tooSmiley Happy

Message 564 of 3,155
latest reply

Ack!  Monday on a Tuesday!  gotta be at work early too - boo!

Funny Shirls, I just found my dog tags the other day when cleaning out a drawer.  Amazing the feelings those inanimate objects can bring out.

Oh and speaking of shoes.... (aren't we always speaking of shoes?)

Off I go!

Attack-Of-The-Funny-Animals-003-550x731 - Copy.jpg

Message 565 of 3,155
latest reply

it was the clients

Oh, well, that's a different story.  You gotta be nice to them. Co-Workers, not so much, lol.

You gave me an lol after reading about you, crawling under the desk to tidy up the electrical cords and whatnot. Sounds like that may of been the highlightt of the while the cat's away thingy.

Anyways sounds like you are the go-to person while the cat's away, so......I think you should ask for a raise.

and.........Hi Shirls, hru? How is the back/neck?

Did you get a chance to see my latest Music Video yet?

I'm gonna re-do it!

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 566 of 3,155
latest reply

Hey you guys!!

Rootie ~  I just love the blue shoes!!  Awesome!  I forget what the bird is called.  I think if I wrote what I think it is, it would get bleeped.  I just love his feet!  I WANT ONE!!  What a coincidence you ran into you dog tags too.  Not sure what that feeling was that comes over when your mind travels back to a time. Mine traveled back to the big sand box.

DH bought me a new broom.  It is a very nice broom Rootie...just in time to do some flying.  We are going to have to take it out for a spin soon.  It has a much better guidance system and the handle is very sleek! 

At least will be a short week.  Tomorrow is hump day already.

Mark ~  Hey, no I have not seen your latest music video.  I'll go look for it or you could tell me where and when  you posted it .  I did see your picture of the little pig.  What a cutie!!  Animals are so cute when small and then they have to grow up.  Ha! Suppose anyone says that about us humans?Smiley LOL

Message 567 of 3,155
latest reply

ARG!  What in the heck did ebay do to my layout?  Got all this stuff I don't want over on the left and can't get rid of it.  Guess I will play with settings when I get home tonight.

And yes Shirls, those are boobies!  (probably bleeped but you know what I'm saying).  I love them, they are just adorable.

Mark - yeah, I kind of have to be nice to clients at least as long as they are paying!  And I was quite the sight crawling around organizing the cords - good thing no clients were around.

You know Shirls, I was in during the late 70s and early to mid 80s so my experience is somewhat different than yours.  But any time you are serving it's a totally different experience than regular life - don't know how to explain it better but I'm sure you get it.

And I am so up for broom rides this weekend - I'll need the de-stress time!

Off to find my coffee.

h070F662C - Copy.jpg

Message 568 of 3,155
latest reply

Oh the banner is blinding!!  My eyes! My eyes!  They are drawn to the banner!

This is a mess.  There was nothing wrong with the way it was before.  Too much 'stuff'.  There is no way a person using dial-up could EVER navigate ebay.  They would not get past the opening page to even sign in.

I'm outta here.

Broom ride sounds about right.  I will have to take my new one out first for a trial 'run'.

have a great thursday!

Message 569 of 3,155
latest reply

@shirleys809304 wrote:

I'm outta here.

I see you found it.Smiley Happy Glad you liked the video.

It does need some fading between the different camera angles and I think I may want it in color.

Oh,and plz don't leave me all alone with Rootie!

I don't know her very well, and I'm a bit concerned what may happen to me, in case of a power outage and I can;t find any candles to see in the darkness.

Should I be concerned?

Smiley Tongue

Message 570 of 3,155
latest reply