cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Day in Paradise.......

Oh the palm trees sway so beautifully and the sun on my face is glorious.  The smell of suntan lotion just makes me want to run up and down the beach.  But, I think I will just sit here, soak up the sun, watch the little crabs and observe the natural curve of the earth out there over the ocean whliest I flick the sweat from my umbelicus.  The Blue Hawaiian tastes so good with coconut rum and I love those little umbrellas !  More of those Royal Creem Crackers too would be lovely.

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 1 of 3,155
latest reply
3,154 REPLIES 3,154

Re: Another Day in Paradise.......

Glad you got some rain but bet you could have done without the wind.    At least you got a hawk sighting out of it!  We're in the mid-70s and low 80s - absolutely perfect weather if you ask me. 

Neck and back still wonky?  That is no fun at all.  Maybe we should look for a tandem broom and you can just ride around with me for awhile?  Bet I could scare you!

Got to get into work early since I'm leaving early to get a haircut (shame on me!). 

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 541 of 3,155
latest reply

The hare is so cute with it's pink bow...awww what a sweetieSmiley Happy 

Neck is getting better!  I still keep up with the stretches and exercises, but just not as vigorous.  Kind of go by when it starts to hurt some as don't want to cause further injury.  But, I do think by keeping things 'limber' it is better.  Back is a little reluctant, but it is getting better too.  I don't trust it, so am careful with my moves.

Don't know what happened last time I got a haircut.  Usually my hair grows pretty fast, but it has been nearly 2 months and it has not grown a half inch yet.  Had to give it a color job yesterday.  My hair always feels nicer after I color it.  Must be the conditioners.  How did your cut turn out?  Hope you have someone you like and can keep going to her/him.

The hawk was an awesome sighting!  Saw him today too.  He was in hot pursuit of turtle dove.  They flew past other side of house so don't know if dove escaped capture or not.  Didn't find any evidence when went out later, so hoping dove got away.   I am wondering where all of our Robins went to?  Had scads of them and then in just a day or two it seemed, they just all left or something.

Tomorrow is Friday!  Wonder what I will find at the flea market?

Music touches every key of memory, and stirs all the hidden springs of sorrow and joy; we love it for what it makes us forget, and for what it makes us remember.~~L.E. Landon
Message 542 of 3,155
latest reply

Isn't she adorable?

I think you're right on keeping things "limber" - you don't want to hurt things further but if you just hold still it doesn't help.  But, darn, moving hurts sometimes!

Got a really nice haircut - been with the same hairdresser for years and she always does a nice job.  Thinking of going shorter at some point, but haven't decided yet. 

hard to believe it's almost September, this summer has just flown by!

Flea market sounds like fun - I wanna go too!  No big weekend plans, gotta work on Saturday and maybe do some shopping on Sunday.  What an exciting life I lead!

And hooray for Friday!

paws up - Copy.jpg

“and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks.” ― Douglas Adams, Life, the Universe and Everything
Message 543 of 3,155
latest reply

Rootie, I was just thinking today of what an un-exiting life I have.  Not saying it has always been like thisSmiley LOL  HA!!  I dunno, is it supposed to get this humdrum at this age?  I suppose one should get worried when no longer even get any ideas or thoughts of doing something out of the ordinary.  You do know that I used to be able to shimmy up a street lamp like no tomorrow??

Had a good time at the flea market.  Lots of new stuff to look at.  Not sure what will do tomorrow.  All depends on this heat and humidity.  I know we are going to go out to eat Sunday. 

I can't believe it is almost September either, but I am ready for summer to come to close.  Spring comes all too early here(which is great because I love spring) but it sure makes for a long green season.  I have already been chopping down some of my flowers and getting ready for the fall clean out.  Need to spray some of the fence lines again though and when I find that poison oak I am going to give it an extra shot.  I don't even want to come near that area, let alone chop down the flowers there unless I put on a full body hazmat suit.  Maybe can just jump on the broom and do a crop spray thingy, though I think avoiding all the trees back there could get tricky. 

When I lived in MN, had an excellent hairdresser.  She was good and a pure joy to be around.   We used to do  fun stuff with my hair because she was always willing to try something new.   My hair is difficult to perm because it really takes up the solution so can frizz quicker than curl.  Never had this happen with her.  Perms always came out soft and with nice curl.

Guess that about tears it for tonight.

Message 544 of 3,155
latest reply

You know Shirls, I think we get in ruts sometimes and just need to try something new.  Not sure it has anything to do with age, we just get used to doing the same things over and over.  Maybe it's time to do something impulsive that we wouldn't usually do or pick up a new hobby or something. 

I love flea markets even if I don't buy - so much interesting stuff, I could just wander around forever.

I like fall but have really been enjoying this summer.  We have such gray weather all winter that we need the few months of sunshine that we get. 

Crop dusting is an excellent idea - going to have to fit the brooms with the right canisters.

Errands to run this morning and then yardwork, etc., etc.  Speaking of getting in a rut.....

This made me smile this morning.

disappointment - Copy.jpg

Message 545 of 3,155
latest reply

I know for sure we are not having exciting conversations......you have noticed that we have more replies than views??Smiley LOL  Guess now that everyone thinks we are so boring, now we can start talking about those other things we dared not to mention and no one would know because no one looks at us any more bwahahahaha!!!

We did go out to eat today.

Now I think i am going to go out in the lightening and have a cigarette.

See ya later

Message 546 of 3,155
latest reply

Hi Rootie and Shirls!

How are you feeling, Shirs? Did you fall, in the shower the other day?

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 547 of 3,155
latest reply

I think that ebay doesn't really track that stuff - it just pretends to and throws up random numbers.

Hi Mark!

How did the weekend go by so fast and I get so little done?  Did get to watch the baseball games and it's always fun when my team wins, especially since they haven't been doing much of it in the last few years.

How's the back Shirls?  I hate to tell you this, but I was doing exactly that when mine went out and, well you know how that turned out.  Take it easy with the poor thing and don't sit for too long (the worst for bad backs).  Lots of heat and ice.... wait, you know all this stuff!  Why am I telling you?

Going to be a fun week - no boss!  Let the good times roll!

Something to make you giggle:

1130-cyber-monday-08 - Copy.jpg

Message 548 of 3,155
latest reply

Kudos on a fun filled week.

let the good times roll!Smiley Happy

***********************************************I'm amusing myself~WARd**************************************************************************
Message 549 of 3,155
latest reply

Hi Mark and Tootie!

Mark ~  Smiley LOL No, didn't fall in the shower.  Just was reaching for the faucet and ZAP went the back.  How the world are you doing?  I agree, let the good times roll!

Rootie ~ Hahaha!!  Whatever gave you the idea I may sit too long.  I don't sit very long during the day.  For lunch and that is about it.  I am a pretty active person.  I used heat the first couple of days when I would sit, but that was about it.  The neck is back to as normal as it is ever going to get and my back still wants to 'catch' if I move a certain way.  But I am able to drive, walk, run, do my stretching, lift light weights, do housework like vacuuming & sweeping, carry basket of laundry etc. weed, & mash mole tunnels.  I just need to be careful how I turn my back now.  I think keeping active is the best medicine.  I have a neighbor with back problems and she is a couch potato. She is basicly unable to do much of anything now.

Got bit to pieces tonight by a mob of mosquitoes.  Rain has been nice, but the skeeters are out in force now.

Message 550 of 3,155
latest reply

Message 551 of 3,155
latest reply

I love that clip Mark - makes me want to sing.  Which probably isn't a good idea.

And Shirls, wait, what?  I didn't say you sat too much - I said you shouldn't sit too much and then asked why I was telling you all that since I know you already know all that.   Glad to hear you're almost back to normal - sometimes those stupid sudden tweaks when you really aren't doing anything you shouldn't take forever to heal up.  And did that sentence even make sense?

You'd think with the boss gone everyone would leave me alone but, noooooooooooooo - got 8 gazillion people wanting me to make decisions or do something.  Think I'll lock the door for the rest of the week.

Ouch on the mosquitos - I hate those little buggers.  I moth got in when I was letting the pup in this morning - Q is having a blast chasing it. 

And on to Tuesday we go!

ETA:  I didn't see your clip until after I posted Shirls (I think it went to the next page and I missed it).  I love it!

sing - Copy.jpg

Message 552 of 3,155
latest reply

Aw Rootie. All is well,  I know you didn't say I sit too much.  You said too long.  I swear I never sit long enough and I don't know what is up with that.  I just have to be on the move except for at night when I finally decide I am tired; sit to watch tv and then get on the puter.  Too bad it takes a back mess-up to get me to be still for at least one day.  God has a way to MAKE a person sit down and relax; read a book or watch a movie.  But, yeah, your sentance makes sense to me.  One little pull on a back muscle due to some little every day movement takes forever to get back to norm and can hurt like the dickens.

I would think when the boss is gone, that would be the typical time for everyone to zoom on you.  They are not likely to do that when the boss is watching or he may think they don't know their job very well.  Mebbe need to get the web cam onSmiley LOL

Didn't stay out too long this evening as did not want the skeeters after me again.  Stayed in the front yard by the marigolds.  Skeeters don't like marigolds.  Guess I need to plant the whole yard to marigolds or maybe I just need to pick some of the leaves and rub it all over myself before I head to the back yard.  LIGHT BULB just came on over my head....hee hee.  Guess what I am trying tomorrow?

I like some of Toto's songs and Africa is one of my favorites.

The singing cat is great!!  Myah has a new thing now with knapkins or kleenex.  If i put one on my leg while she is next to me, she will take it and mash it down where she intends to nap and then curl up on it and go to sleep.  Tnight she stole both my kleenex AND knapkinSmiley Embarassed

After Tuesday it is **bleep**Smiley LOL

It won't let me put the first letters of Wed, Thurs, and Fri.

Message 553 of 3,155
latest reply

Too funny on the "bleep"!

We haven't had many skeeters this year - and I don't miss them a bit.

Was up with the pup at 3:30 in the morning - she doesn't often need out in the middle of the night but boy did she want out then.  Poor girl.

Too cute on Myah.  Q has his very own blankie in the middle of the living room floor that he thinks is just swell.  Of course we have learned to walk around him.

Back later - gotta get dinner started.

MjAxMy00ZTU2OTUzYWQzMDlmY2Y0 - Copy - Copy.png

Message 554 of 3,155
latest reply

Maybe pup thought she needed to investigate something out there.  Grimrucks could have been lurking in the peonies.

Oh.  Here I thought every day was Sarcastic daySmiley LOL

Been going through stuff today.  Really digging and finding things had forgotten all about.  That is always fun.  My church is having it's annual yard sale next week-end.  Since  the consignment shop is not doing so well, decided to donate to the yard sale instead.

Putting astringent on the skeeter bites seems to ease the itch.  we were doing fine without them until we got a little bit of rain.  Not doing much in the yard right now as too hot during the day and skeeters out at night.  We have lost our bat population here due to the white nose fungus.  Also no barn swallows and common nighthawks.  The 3 of these help to keep the flying insect population down.

Message 555 of 3,155
latest reply