cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Block Buyers/Bidders With Zero Feedback On Ebay

Found a partial solution. Go to Buyer Requirements when you are creating your listing or change it in your site preferences, checkmark the "Have bid on or bought my items within the last 10 days and met my limit...." change it to "1" and then change the value for "only apply this block...." to "0" and this will make anyone who has a feedback of zero to only make or win/bid 1 at a time. Now, I know its not a total block, but its the closest thing there is on Ebay and at least this will make someone out to harm you with a fake account because you blocked them or they are a competitor to only do this on one of your items, not all of them. Also check mark the "Dont Have A Paypal Account" They can still pay for it by credit card through Paypal but this will give you all the real vitals if the person pays. If they are out to get you then you can cross reference to see if that name appears anywhere else on your Paypal transactions with a different Ebay name and if there is a match then call ebay and they will get off the negative because you cant have 2 Ebay accounts and it will seem that the account was made just to cause harm. This is my setup below and I get very few problems.

1.JPG

Hope this helps

Message 1 of 65
latest reply
64 REPLIES 64

Started selling again on EBay so far the issues have all been with zero feedback buyers  There needs to be an option to block zero feedback buyers for sellers who don't want to deal with these buyers, there are plenty of other sellers out there who will continue to sell to new buyers so EBay won't miss any revenue.

Message 31 of 65
latest reply

@movienitemovies wrote:

Started selling again on EBay so far the issues have all been with zero feedback buyers  There needs to be an option to block zero feedback buyers for sellers who don't want to deal with these buyers, there are plenty of other sellers out there who will continue to sell to new buyers so EBay won't miss any revenue.

We've had occasional issues with (0) Buyers but more with Buyers that have higher FB counts ... just imagine if Buyers never wanted to deal with (0) or low FB count Sellers?!? 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 32 of 65
latest reply

Yea, just had a 0 feedback buyer  purchase a $4300 AC, spent $400 to deliver to them, then they immediately open a return claiming doesn't work in a time frame they couldnt have installed it in.  Dont tell us whats wrong or ask for any support to get working.  Doubt they ever purchased system with any intention of wanting the item.  Now need to spend $400 to ship back and sure will hit me up with bad feedback.  Great way for sellers of same product to bankrupt there competition.

Message 33 of 65
latest reply

I have 4 eBay accounts all linked to the same PayPal account.  Just don't be a crook and you can have as many account as you want.

Message 34 of 65
latest reply

Buyers with 0 feedback have typically been scammers. I have based this on multiple issues and scams I have encountered on Ebay. I Have no idea why Ebay would allow someone with 0 feedback to bid on a high priced item. 

Message 35 of 65
latest reply

Seeing how this topic has been going for five years, I'm not going to let it go unnoticed. I've had the same problem for a long time now. I've actually resisted using eBay to sell some of my things because of this, so I just sent out an e-mail. I'm hoping if more people speak out, they'll do something about it. 

Message 36 of 65
latest reply

I agree. In almost every instance of a 0 feedback bidder, 99% of the time they do not pay. 

I block them immediately and cancel their bids. 

Message 37 of 65
latest reply

Most buyers with 0 feedback are great customers? No way! Tell that to the several 0 feedback users that are trying to scam my son right now who just created his first Ebay account yesterday. 7 scammers with 0 feedback leaving a callback number. I've heard your optimistic outlook before but the fact is that, if you have someone with zero feedback, they're probably a scammer.
Message 38 of 65
latest reply

I've dealt with several zero feedback high bidders.  They always register on the last day of the auction, bid it up, then disappear.  Ebay doesn't do jack.  Pathetic. 

Message 39 of 65
latest reply

EBay not for the seller. it becomes so hard to sell in Ebay. We need someone else to design a page like ebay

Message 40 of 65
latest reply

I have to disagree but most of Ebay buyers with 0 feedback has been a bunch of Crazies and I had nothing but issues. I say block them as fast as you see them. 

Block them here 

Buyer/Bidder Management - eBaypages.ebay.com › services › buyandsell › biddermanag...

Message 41 of 65
latest reply

Yes, block them as soon as you spot one. I had nothing but nightmares with 0 bidders. 

block them here 

Buyer/Bidder Management - eBaypages.ebay.com › services › buyandsell › biddermanag...

Message 42 of 65
latest reply

Yes you can
Message 43 of 65
latest reply

That’s **bleep**. I can’t tell you how many times I get a bogus bid by someone with zero feedback. EBay does NOTHING to regulate it either. Very frustrating.
Message 44 of 65
latest reply

Whatever item your son is selling should be changed to a BUY IT NOW listing.  Just figure out an actual price to sell the item for and forget about bidding.  You can set a requirement for immediate payment with all BUY IT NOW items which debits the buyer instantly when completing the transaction.  Almost all of my sales are done that way.  Bidding rarely gets me better money and causes extended waiting for the auction to end and other complications.

Message 45 of 65
latest reply