cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fake paypal payment scam

Someone attempted to scam me on a sale today. I received emails from "paypal" that linked back to an aol.com address and the money never showed up in eBay or PayPal.

The emails said I would need to send the item before the funds would be released. SCAM!

The emails was also FULL of typos so that's a dead giveaway. Scammers are smart, but they're still lazy uneducated pieces of garbage and that trips them up every time.
Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Fake paypal payment scam

Hi everyone,

If you believe that you or someone you know was scammed into buying eBay Gift Cards, visit our gift card page to contact customer service and find additional information related to gift card scams.

Thank you.

Message 31 of 33
latest reply

I'm an infrequent seller and this just happened to me. The buyer asked for proof of shipping before payment would be made. 

The logo in their scam email to me went to this fake URL... NOTE: DO NOT GO TO THIS ADDRESS:

"https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=xpt/bizui/WhatIsPayPal-outside"

I told EBay about this, via Links on the 'Sellers' Page.  I want to cancel the purchase and re-sell.  But, EBay is not responding to me.  I'm not sure what to do about this...

Message 32 of 33
latest reply

There might be a fake payment because there was a man account and he had money on it 

Message 33 of 33
latest reply