cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STYLE: Modern chess sets

Hi, Ty, Alan, (since the last set of postings on Oct 1st 2007). Regarding 160163907538, looks like the seller still has a zero feedback even though someone supposedly had a winning bid. (Unless I am mistaken, a check of the winning bidder's history of items purchased since the beginning of Oct 2007 shows no such item). Hmmm. I wonder... To all, Regarding another ivory chess set recently listed by another seller and won by another buyer (250184791292), I found that set to be interesting and relatively unique. Nice geometric design. Reminds me of a few other modern sets. Seller indicates 1930's. I would estimate closer to the 1950's. Maybe a mute (moot?) point. But I am surprised at how high that set went for! Nice set that I would not have minded in my collection... but not at that price! Any comments about any aspect of this set? John, Vermont.
Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

No the one being discussed right before my comment. Ebay item number 320546177980. I was in negotiations to purchase the set in my Avatar, I really wanted the rights to duplicate it but the seller was very unreasonable and wanted me to fly to his country and meet with him so that we could negotiate an agreement in person. I was not willing to fly there unless we had an agreement.
Message 46 of 47
latest reply

I am actually waiting for the set to be completed. I have been waiting for two weeks and I believe it should be done sometime next week. I made a few changes to design. The most significant is that I had the size of the king increased to 6 inches with a two inch base (I like big chess sets). I also had the big head on the bishops reshaped to a more tear drop shape and not so fat in the middle of the head.
Message 47 of 47
latest reply