Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales

Has anyone else had really slow sales lately? 😞

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: sales

Sorry to say but have lately.  I increased items up to over 200 and I can put them up to 300 but not sure about price for listings and so I am hesitant.  I worked tonight on adding a billboard on my listings.  I chose to put up a free banner and that means that I have to manually enter each html code but I added the banner to the hot wheels and the video games that I carry and that is how I designed the banner.  Sales have been down though for our store.  Good luck!

CEO EBay Store: Little_Useful_Delights

I operate this store primarily in the evenings and I am always looking and looking for very useful sales, discounts and Bargains.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You can't sell what you don't list.

I have reduced my listings from over 10,000 (under three different IDs -- different products) to just over 600. Sales have plummeted. Even sales in categories where I have not reduced my listings (postage lots and dress patterns) are down.

Every time I add more items, I get sales. Even when the added items are not related to the sold item.

I suspect that Search gives those items when the Search is Newly Listed, and then take time to browse in my Store even if my listing wasn[t exactly what they wanted.

I have links to other parts of my Store in every listing.

You know you can cut and past HTML coding, right? My TOS is a long lump of HTML that I drop into every listing. Takes seconds.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I guess I should explain that the reduction is part of selling my house, moving to temporary accomodation, retireing, closing the family business and moving across Canada to a place where we won't get eleven bloody feet of frickin snow every winter.

Dagnabit.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I had one month where sales started to pick up then stopped, have reduce prices and everything no luck

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I've never been convinced that lowering prices is a useful sales tactic. In our B&M when we have lowered prices we sell just as many items as usual but get less money for them.

What does work for us is "Canadian Tire Money". Canadian Tire is a long-established company here which for most of the 20th century gave back 'trade dollars' on every cash purchase (not cheque or credit card which are more expensive to process).

We do the same. If a purchase in our shop is over $100, you get trade dollars back equivalent to the provincial sales tax (currently around 15%).

These dollars are useable on the next purchase. A thank you to those spending noticeable money and an encouragement to return and buy more.

If you lower prices, in my opinion, you are saying that the old price was too high.

For online sales the equivalent would be Free Shipping perhaps. Whether you are including shipping in your asking price or actually subsidizing the buyer on shipping is up to you. But it is very popular with buyers.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

My sales have dropped significantly in the past month. August was a high sales month, September was half of August. I hope October picks up because I have absolutely no intention of selling in November or December. For those who haven't figured it out yet, the 60 day returns is more like 90 day returns. The time frame for extended holidays is November 1 through December 31. A buyer who purchases at any time during that time period can return the item at any time through January 31. And we all know that it wont matter what condition it's in, ebay will make you refund the buyer. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply