cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication with buyer

I would like to know about what is communicated with my customers.  I made a purchase just this past week from a great seller and I received the email through regular email but not through Ebay messaging area.  When customers make purchases, most of the time, I click under shipping label and choose contact buyer and send a small message there telling the customer that "Tonight I will print out the label for your purchase and get it to the post office tomorrow around 12:15 pm EST.  You should receive the item very soon............."  that is normally what I do for each sale for the most part.

I received a good email from the seller when we made a purchase this past week and it seemed professional in some ways and I liked it very much.  I would like to send an email like that to my customers also because down the bottom are some items that the seller mentions and I can put down some similar items that we have in stock that they may have an interest in if you know what I mean.

The following is an example of what we received from the seller

View your order details!

Here's your order update

Hi William and Bernadettte,

To help you keep track of your purchases, we're sending you this order update. You can also view the latest order updates and details in My eBay.

Thanks again for shopping on eBay!

Go to Order Details

Order updates

Recent updates to your order

Your item is marked as shipped.

Seller: ecoswift ( 138071)

Message from seller:

Hi William,

We have shipped out your purchase. Should make it to you shortly. It generally takes 3 to 11 business days for Domestic delivery (Economy Shipping) and 12 to 15 business days for International delivery. If you upgraded your Economy Shipping to USPS First Class, FEDEX Ground or Prioriy Mail, estimated delivery time is 4-6 business days. We hope the package arrives as quickly as possible. For future purchases, please add my Store to your Favorites for faster buying. http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?AcceptSavedSeller&sellerid=ecoswift

I appreciate your business! Your satisfaction is our highest priority!

Best Regards,
ecoswift

Item title

Price

Shipping price

Qty

Item total

300 #0 7.5 x 10 Poly Bubble Mailers Padded Envelope Shipping Supply Bags DVD ( item: 141000041257  transaction: 1025630401004 )

Paid on Sep-28-14

$44.99

Free

$44.99

Shipped on Sep-29-14

Economy Shipping

Estimated delivery: Tue. Sep. 30 - Tue. Oct. 14

Others bought these to complement their purchase

12 Rolls Red Poly Bag Sealer ...

$38.90

Free Shipping

12 # 000 4 x8 - SELF-SEAL PAD...

$1.29

1000 Quality Self Adhesive Sh...

$25.83

Free Shipping

100 (50 #5 10.5x16 Kraft Bubb...

$7.16

Free Shipping

Email reference id: [#054f5d5f0a3d4d70bb9c46e1de46b516#]

eBay sent this message to William and Bernadettte Jacobs (little_useful_delights). Learn more

eBay is committed to your privacy. Learn more about our privacy policy and user agreement.

© 2014 eBay Inc., 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125

Please understand that I am not doing this for the purpose of advertising tor the seller which is Ecoswift.  I am only sharing the email that I received from that seller so that people can understand what I am asking about.

I would like to know if anyone else is doing similar emails etc.

I did call customer service and asked if we are allowed to send emails like that and the representative strongly suggested us to send all emails through Ebay for record reason and they know all information exchanged, etc.  I like being able to send information to customers stating that the status has changed and they can use a tracking number to keep an eye on the item as it is being mailed and I also like the email to mention some similar items that we have for sale on ebay right now.  We do carry a good quantity in various store categories and they are organized well I believe.

I did ask over the summer time about categorizing the store and we have made major changes for that.

Take care and good luck all in getting ready for the Holiday season coming very soon.

CEO EBay Store: Little_Useful_Delights

I operate this store primarily in the evenings and I am always looking and looking for very useful sales, discounts and Bargains.
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Communication with buyer

When my customer pays with Paypal, I see his email address. This connects him to his payment and thus to the original sale.

I've found keeping the email address on file is useful when other questions come up.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply