cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSR's being removed

Recently I have noticed that my DSR's on Item not as described have been dropping....literally. I started watching them a couple of months ago because they started getting lower than the others. I try hard to describe my items accurately so I've kept on eye on it, and I'm watching it drop by about 5 points every week or so. IE...last week they were 372, now they are 367. Anybody have any idea what is going on?

Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Re: DSR's being removed

The DSRs only stay for a year so they are constantly changing.  Mine are only in the 600 range even though I have over 8000 feedback.

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Yes   Ebay wants to keep seller ratings as low as possible to maximize fees charged...

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

You could be on the three-month rotation for DSR's people are either on a three month or one year so anything three months or older will drop off which is why you may be seeing several dropping off from September right now
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

Sorry I used the wrong word did not mean to use rotation I guess I should of used the word "cycle" 🙂
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Thank everyone for the information. I did not know they drop the ratings every so often. Why on earth would they do that. And why only one category? It's nonsense but being disabled and hardheaded (read I do not want to live off the state) I have to stay with ebay for now. 

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

hi  why not ask one of your disability support groups to muster support

against ebay for viloating dis  discrimination laws.

I am a white old (er) male  and we have no support groups    or I would try

Message 7 of 15
latest reply

u are fighting a losing battle    ebay wants our seller ratings low  to keep fees high

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

I don't have a support group either
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

u do have Fed law protecting your rights in the work place....

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

Tell me more...as it pertains to eBay. I would really like to be able to ask why my items do not come up in best match anymore. I know it's because I am VERY vocal when they are trying to cheat me...but someone pointing me in the right direction for solid information on the that would be greatly appreciated.
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

Like Feedback, DSRs are voluntary.

The number is irrelevant.

For example, I've seen furious buyers post that they won't leave any DSRs for a seller, due to the seller's bad behaviour. (In the buyer's opinion,)

No stars is a Free Pass. Lucky seller.

What is important is the points in each category.

If your average dropped below 4.3 you should be concerned. As it is all your categories show as 4.9 or 5.0.

If you want to raise that, you get automatic Five Stars when you use Free * Shipping.

BTW, this also explains why you have different numbers in each category.

*Which really means 'shipping cost included in price'. I'm sure you know that, but others will be reading this.

Message 12 of 15
latest reply

You're back...I've missed your sage advice. I can't add shipping to the price of most of the miniatures. They do not sell even though the price is still lower than the others who charge shipping. I wish I could...I tried, but even my biggest seller stopped selling
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

Preasure the Lord!
One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

mrobind42,

Just drop by and saw you here. Glad to see you are still working it. Two thumbs up for you! 🙂

Message 15 of 15
latest reply