cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay Store "Search Engine Keywords" page is gone!

The normal link used to take an eBay store owner to the "Search Engine Keywords" takes me now to the "Manage My Store: Summary" page instead.  I can't find that page anywhere.  It's completely gone.  I just noticed this today.  I don't constantly update our keywords.  Didn't need to do this, as we used to have good turnover.  Might have been around the end of May this year.  This technical issue appears to explain why our store impressions have now gone to "0" for over a month straight.  And when I mean a month straight, I mean literally every day.  Irregardless of  promoted listings and social media efforts.  Sales have plummetted.  More than one of your agents gave me the same old, memorized lines about how to get seen.  They give the same advisements of slow summer traffic,  items out of season, etc.  Every experienced store owner knows this, and do our best to prepare for and endure it.   What's going on here is beyond the pale.  I've tried to explain this multiple times that it's mathematically impossible to receive ZERO store impressions every single day for over a month, but get hundreds of thousands elsewhere!?!  And after all other efforts.  

There are many many eBay Stores like us who sell on eBay as a means to put food on the table.  eBay and sellers are supposed to be partners in our endeavors.  Please assist!

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

I know the "views watchers" numbers have been totally screwed up for over a month.......supposedly fixed now.........  People still got sales even with 0 hits or watches.   

The stores were changed end of May/lst of June and alot of the functionality was deleted ........I'm guessing search engine keywords was one of the casualties.  Supposedly, in June, there were supposed to be new modules added to stores, but no one knows what that might include.    That hasn't happened yet.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I've heard of some sellers reverting back to the old store setup, then nearly immediately getting more sales.  You heard anything like that?

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I just recently opened a second store and the search engine function does not work, my other store still has this function.  I beleive this is destroying my sales.  Can anyone shed in light on this issue?

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I see 737 items for sale from your feedback page. When I go to your storefront, it shows 1-48 out of 123 results. If I search your store using the search bar at the top of the page for 'aluminum' I get 736 results right now.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Actually ebay stopped using them years ago...there was some sort of announcement to that effect back then.
The page still exists but ebay doesn't use it.

So now they finally removed the page.

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@jubileeresale wrote:

I've heard of some sellers reverting back to the old store setup, then nearly immediately getting more sales.  You heard anything like that?

No

You will hear sellers say they all of a sudden got sales but are not really able to attribute it to much of anything...maybe coincidence.....and then you will hear them say they are dead again too.
Sales normally flutuate and some have longer runs than others depending on what they sell or if they happen to be lucky enough to be visible for a longer period of time.

Right now visibility and sales is not anything we have control over

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

@jubileeresale wrote:

There are many many eBay Stores like us who sell on eBay as a means to put food on the table.  eBay and sellers are supposed to be partners in our endeavors.  Please assist!

Please take time to read the TOU of the site.
Ebay is NOT your partner or anything else...and they are not liable for your loss of sales etc.
They clearly wrote that all out for you.

You are on your own, just like the rest of us.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

I've been selling on eBay for many about 8 yrs now and I can say sales are not the same. one thing I will recommend is to open up your own website and you'll have more control over everything it will take some work to get ranked on google but it will pay off.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/technicalissues-db.

Thanks.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply