cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, we can't complete your checkout at this time. Please try changing your item quantity or check

I'm trying to pay for the item 6 times but still can't go through, called Ebay 4 times, changed/update payment through Visa/Paypal but still does not work, all  them blamed that I'm in Canada and the seller won't ship to Canada, but it's clearly stated that he does ship to Canada all I have to pay import fee... that's included in total. Some asked me to contact seller which I did and but found out it's "Ebay glitch" **bleep**!

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Sorry, we can't complete your checkout at this time. Please try changing your item quantity or check

@fc2night 

Quick things to try:

Check date/time setting of computer to make sure it is correct.

If item is not committed to purchase, try removing it from cart ("save for later").

Sign out of eBay.

Start another browser (one user specifically recommended Edge) and sign in to eBay.

Add the item back to the cart and try again.

Thread where this issue is discussed with some further details:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Buyer-unable-to-check-out/m-p/29693509

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

If you happen to be using firefox try using chrome - I've had a non stop error showing that ebay is passing one or more bad parameters to paypal during check out since yesterday when trying to check out through FF which is my usual browser.

Checking out using chrome worked.

I've called it in twice and today I was told that there is a 'system upgrade' causing errors...

These were auction items I won so no 'save for later' option.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I used Chrome as default web browser!
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

I did but still does not works! Even changed the seller too! Change method of payment..... did not help!
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@fc2night wrote:

I'm trying to pay for the item 6 times but still can't go through, called Ebay 4 times, changed/update payment through Visa/Paypal but still does not work, all  them blamed that I'm in Canada and the seller won't ship to Canada, but it's clearly stated that he does ship to Canada all I have to pay import fee... that's included in total. Some asked me to contact seller which I did and but found out it's "Ebay glitch" **bleep**!

Just grasping at straws here, so bear with me, but you state "it's clearly stated that he does ship to Canada." 

Is that statement right below the buying box? In the "Ships to" field?

Shipping.png

Or is it stated in the seller comments under the "Description" tab? Does Canada appear as a shipping option in the item's "Shipping and payments" tab?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I ran into this same problem just now on Chrome. Looking around for answers and seeing the suggestions to use another browser, I thought to try the solution that often works for me and signed in on Chrome Incognito. PayPal payment  immediately went through without any problems. That would suggest there is a problem with cookies or cache, so you could also try clearing them in your settings. 

I know what works for one person doesn't always work for another, but thought I'd let you know how I fixed it, in case it can help others.

Message 7 of 7
latest reply