cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving messages

Hi all,

I just received a negative feedback and the buyer stated in the comments "no reply to comms". I checked all my messages and found no messages in my inbox from this buyer.

So I rang ebay and I've just got off the phone with ebay now and they can see that the buyer messaged me on their end but the message is not coming through to my inbox. It's definitely a site issue, which the call agent refused the accept! 

Is anyone else experiencing this? It's not fair on us sellers to receive negative feedback as a result of eBay's own site errors if you ask me...

Just so unfair on me as I never received this message and I've now received a negative feedback due ebay's own website not working! 

catfreak180_0-1617806468351.png

Will be interesting to see if anyone else is experiencing this same issue of sending and receiving messages on eBay. 

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Not receiving messages

I've had two sells this week I did not even get email from ebay about only Paypal. I logged in to my ebay account to check in case the messages from Paypal were scam. Don't know when ebay last took the site down for maintenance, this is a needed thing due to so many problems non-maintained systems can have.

Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.
Message 2 of 22
latest reply

Not receiving messages

I sometimes receive an ebay message through my email account. They no longer show with a bold number in My Ebay at least for me.  When selling, I have to check it manually several times a day which is a pain. Ebay should alert us to messages on our My Ebay page without needing to click on messages to check. This has been ongoing for over a month now.  Judging by the sloppy mess ebay has become, I really don't expect it to get any better.

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

Not receiving messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I just received 9 messages at around 4:20 pm April 9 all had been sent to me between 2 am and 3 this morning . Just now received them why is it taking so long?

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Not receiving messages

We are having the same issue as customers are saying they have been sending messages but neither their messages or our messages seem to go through and this has been over a week now.

sales velocity has plummeted since the layout of the application changed.

i hope they fix this problem soon.

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Not receiving messages

I'm receiving (some) messages sent over a week ago and when I reply to them buyers are asking me what is this, as we exchanged other messages in the meantime (which came and went OK). So I'm also confused not understanding why are they asking me about something we already did 10 days ago and they are even more confused when they receive my reply. And I learned from other colleagues this is happening across the board and on other eBay sites (I know for Germany in particular). What is going on eBay? Can you at least post some kind of warning or admit you have a problem, so we at least know something is going on and it will be (hopefully) fixed?

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

Not receiving messages

Yes this happened to pretty all of my messages as a buyer but I discovered that the sellers haven't receive my messages or received them a fewdays later and that's why they are not replying, so it's all eBays fault. They also don't bother to update the shipping status. It's extremely stressful to shop on this platform and I don't know if I can start selling here as it seems even worse.

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Not receiving messages

We are having the same exact issues.  Its causing major confusion

Message 8 of 22
latest reply

Not receiving messages

here to say I'm experiencing issues receiving messages from buyers.. still a month later after the original post was made.  I noticed it 3-4 weeks ago and haven't had a problem since but just now received an angry msg from a seller that they are mad that I didnt respond to them and I never got a msg from them in the first place....

Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Not receiving messages

ok turns out this one is in my ebay inbox but i never got a notification of it in email so  of course I missed it. so annoying.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

Not receiving messages

I am also having this problem only on my mobile device.

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Not receiving messages

There is clearly something wrong at eBay this is just one of many glitches people are reporting these days.

Message 12 of 22
latest reply

Not receiving messages

ive had this issue for the past 27 days

spend nearly 7 hours per week on live chat got so many Sr chat numbers its untrue and no sign of it being fixed

ive got buyers complainign feedbacks being removed left and right and ebay just keep sending it to offsite technical to deal with

27 days os far far too long

lost customers lost business sales down and powerless to fix the issue

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Not receiving messages

@catfreak180 

Are they in your Messages tab on eBay?

For months we've been having problems both with messages not making it to our email Inbox and our replies from our email system not making it to the eBay message system. So we had to start checking messages on eBay and replying from there as well, just to avoid problems. It's frustrating that we have to use two different communication systems, but let's face it, right or wrong, eBay is not going to take accountability for email problems. They will simply say it could be on your end or it could be your email provider. I don't have the time to 'fight' over it, so I just deal with two different message systems...

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

Not receiving messages

Yes haven’t received any messages from potential buyers as far as I can tell it’s the New selling page .If you don’t see the message straight away it’s no longer viewable , they don’t come in eBay messages either they just appear.Have lost a few sales as it’s not easy now to see if you have a message .Losing another one today, buyer asked for second time for discount which I said yes to , twice.Won’t hear anything back again and have lost another sale.Used to get messages from buyers now all I get are ebays own announcements nothing from buyers been like this for quite some time hence lousy sales.

Message 15 of 22
latest reply