cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to Find and Run Detailed Seller Ratings Reports Has Disappeared 2'22'2018

The link to run or view saved "Detailed Seller Ratings Reports" usually found in "My Account", "Seller Dashboard", "Reports and Service Tools" is not showing up. I've called customer service and spoke to three separate reps, but no one seems to be aware of this as a current problem, therefore no solution other than to just wait for it to show up again. Should be reported as a technical problem.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Ability to Find and Run Detailed Seller Ratings Reports Has Disappeared 2'22'2018

brian.t@ebaywrote:
@roadking5555wrote:

Good afternoon,

I wanted to revisit the Automatic 5 star ratings that have been discussed for the last 4 or 5 weekly chats.

I am still able to leave a rating for sellers on communication where no communication has transpired, and I am still able to receive ratings from buyers when there is no communication. The rating line is not greyed out.

But now we have a new glitch, or is it permanent?....The Detailed seller rating report is no longer appearing on the seller dashboard page under "reports and service tools".

I ran a DSR report 2 days ago, now it's gone. A call into CS gave 3 different answers, 2 reps have no idea, one said they eliminated it and the 4th submitted a ticket to the IT department.

My question, is this report tool gone for good or is it a technical glitch?

If the answer is "gone for good" then there is no need to answer the original question since sellers will no longer have the ability to ensure the stated eBay policy is working or not.

@roadking5555, I forgot to mention that the first issue you mentioned has been brought to the attention of our developers. They're aware of it and are working towards a fix. 

Thank You for the update. hopefully the DSR report which goes hand in hand is also a programming glitch.

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Same here. That is (was) a valuable tool. It's no longer on the menu and the shortcut link I created takes me to my own feedback profile

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

I'm having the same problem.  I refer to that report daily.  Hopefully the problem can be corrected.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

I also have the same problem..

Do we have a solution ?

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

Still no solution per above post it was brought up to ebay at the weekly chat
They didn't have an answer on if it is an intended change or a glitch , said they would have to check & get back
There is no update on the chat board so we wait !!!

See post  #32 here

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Weekly-Chat-with-eBay-Staff/Community-Chat-Feb-21th-1pm-PT-General-Top...

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

A few others and myself are still waiting for an answer...nothing yet, all I hear is crickets.

The thought has been brought up in other topics that it may be tied into the spring seller update, otherwise we would have a simple explanation by now. 

I have no new information.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I'm in the UK and it disappeared on the 20th I think.  I ran a report the day before after feedback to ensure my account wasn't damaged and was able to leave honest feedback for a buyer.  Received feedback from another buyer but couldn't run a report.

Other sellers have contacted cs to find out what the problem is and a rep said, "it wasn't used very much"!

We only have a couple of seller protection tools and one of them is missing, presumed A.W.O.L!  Buyers have plenty of protection sellers' don't.  Think we need to keep hounding them til it's returned.  Reply from the 'tech dept' was supposed to be within 48 hours but that has passed.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

I used the Detailed Seller reports feature multiple times this month before it was disabled, and I can't believe that I was alone in using it obtain valuable information that is not available elsewhere. In fact, I doubt that Ebay even bothered  to compile data on how frequently it was used, before making the uninformed decision (hopefully reversible) to eliminate it -- a decision that ranks right up there with the elimination of the very useful print button. (If the DSR report option "wasn't used very much", then what was the burden on Ebay's system of allowing it to remain?) Ebay keeps finding ways to increase its charges to sellers (like taking the galling 10% of our OUT-OF-POCKET COST of postage), while decreasing its services to sellers.

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

I'm hoping this is just another in a series of numerous and contant glitches. I'd hate to think they are going to continue to allow buyers to rate transactions ... and then not allow sellers to actually SEE the ratings.

Definately NOT something we asked for.

{sigh}

I'm ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶e̶ certain the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Here is the official answer...

Hi @roadking5555, I wanted update this chat to confirm that we have made an intentional change recently to our Detailed Seller Rating (DSR) Reports. This was removed from the Performance dashboard as of February 20th - I apologize for the delay in confirming this update and am happy to provide some added context on this change.

We evaluate our tools on a regular basis to understand the value that they provide. When it is found that a feature is not of value to most of our Community, it will be retired. Since DSRs no longer factor into Seller Standards, we have seen a significant drop in the utilization of this report. If anyone would like to see their DSRs, visit your Feedback Profile page to see overall DSRs at an account level. 

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

I wanted to thank the OP for going to the trouble to find out about this.  It's a shame we've lost one of the most important reports.

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

This is a nonsense "explanation." Sellers always have wanted to see their buyers' complete feedback before leaving their own. After all, a transaction isn't complete until the parties have finished their evaluations of one another. Buyers continue to leave numerical ratings, which influence other potential customers. By eliminating these reports, Ebay enables buyers to screw around by leaving "fluff" verbal feedback, but low-ball numbers. This report is needed now as much as ever, and the elimination of it makes absolutely no sense. Ebay is being intellectually dishonest to claim otherwise. Using Ebay's "rationale," the DSRs should be completely eliminated.

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

@mfmtoyswrote:

This is a nonsense "explanation." Sellers always have wanted to see their buyers' complete feedback before leaving their own. After all, a transaction isn't complete until the parties have finished their evaluations of one another. Buyers continue to leave numerical ratings, which influence other potential customers. By eliminating these reports, Ebay enables buyers to screw around by leaving "fluff" verbal feedback, but low-ball numbers. This report is needed now as much as ever, and the elimination of it makes absolutely no sense. Ebay is being intellectually dishonest to claim otherwise. Using Ebay's "rationale," the DSRs should be completely eliminated.

I have asked the same, eliminate the whole DSR system.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

According to the lastest eBay User Agreement effective March 30, 2018

"We strive to create a marketplace where buyers find what they are looking for. Therefore, the appearance or placement of listings in search and browse results will depend on a variety of factors, including, but not limited to:

- buyer's location, search query, browsing site, and history;
- item's location, listing format, price and shipping cost, terms of service, end time, history, and relevance to the user query;
- seller's history, including listing practices, Detailed Seller Ratings, eBay policy compliance, Feedback, and defect rate; and
- number of listings matching the buyer's query. "

So Detailed Seller Ratings can/may effect the all important placement  in "search" (although the same agreement specifies that sellers' items may not show up in search at all) but sellers will no longer have access to the report information. Let's face it folks, it is eBay's world and we are all just living in it. Personally, I'm done with this topic and most of the other glitches that are on the site effecting sales that are not going to be fixed any time soon. Although I am a small seller of vintage items, I've relied on this business over the years. My big worry is what is going to happen when eBay starts handling all of the money! 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply