cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sports Card Authentication is a scam. Just getting business to the grading companies.

I posted this in general selling, but wanted it for the sports card sellers.  Truly beware.

I wanted to warn as many sellers of Sports Cards as possible, as to the rigged Authentication System.  It is set up to completely damage the credibility of the seller, and promote their self interests.  

I just sold a high dollar sports card, pictures of the card were taken at all angles, and the condition of the card was listed as "Like New".  

The Authenticator returned the card, and said that it couldn't be authenticated.  After making phone calls to the people who sold me the cards as to it's authenticity, I was told that the reason it couldn't be authenticated was that they found a scratch on the rear bottom corner of the surface.  

This NEVER should have happened.  In this situation, the card is real, the card is authentic, and the card was sold with an accurate description.  

The Authenticator is doing what they intend to do along with eBay's help.  Promote the Grading Services, and to kill the eBay sellers.  Non Graded Cards will be impossible to sell under these guidelines.

A Warning to those who will have to go thru this.  

Jon

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Sports Card Authentication is a scam. Just getting business to the grading companies.

First of all, I like your username, being of Eastern European heritage.  In response to your post, I decided quite a while back to stop selling any single card with a likely price of $300 or more on this platform.  I'm sorry for your situation.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Sports Card Authentication is a scam. Just getting business to the grading companies.

A similar off topic story.  I priced a 2018 Luka Doncic rookie (ungraded) for $200, the going rate.  I found someone selling the same card PSA 9 authenticity guaranteed.  Someone made me an offer of $170, which I accepted since I had bought the card for $110 months earlier and with this sale went ahead and bought the PSA 9 for $225.  I took photos of the card going in the packing, etc.  I do not accept returns.  At the witching hour of the 3rd day, the person who bought my ungraded card asked for eBay money back guarantee because I allegedly lied and sold them a card with a very significant line/cut going through the middle of the card.  Definitely not what I had sent, but  eBay will always side with the buyer, despite my photos.  I offered the guy a $40 partial refund.   Now why take a partial refund on a such a damaged card.  Why would someone want a rookie of a great player that will pretty much be unsellable with that scratch?  I reported the buyer to eBay when he suddenly accepted the partial refund.   SIMPLE:  I accused the guy of his bait and switch technique.  He blocked me and never responded.  So he got my gem Luka, kept his scratched one, and got $40 back.  I was blocked.  Buyer: name: jalip9634

Message 3 of 3
latest reply