cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selling reprint sports/nonsports and conterfeit products on Ebay should be banned but it is allowed?

I know old topic!  Over the last few years reprinted cards (counterfeit); as well as many other counterfeit products has plagued ebay.  What I find ironic is that ebay continues to allow this behavior.  I just don't understand even why a seller would want to sell counterfeits.  Some of the sellers have high number reviews. 

I know I will be blasted by some sellers selling the knock-off but I think is unethical to sell such products knowingly.  Some sellers sell it like a badge of honor.    I think many buyers don't know they are buying counterfeits; especially when the seller uses RP in the description.  Other sellers hide the word reprint in the description used box.  Some sellers with price the card close to the real card price to fool the buyer.  This is **bleep** behavior.  Shame on these sellers.

The problems I have here is that it invites a negative environment in the collectibles community.  Selling counterfeits indirectly hurts the value of real products and trust in the market.  The reprint cards market has plagued the search results so significantly that sometimes there are more counterfeits that real cards in the search.  Can someone chime in why ebay allows this knowingly.  I guess it is bottom line profitable short term for ebay to turn a blind eye?  I have report to ebay regarding counterfeit collectible figures over the years.  One day I reported 50 counterfeit items just to see what would happen.  All stated as "China Version",  not original, not licensed......  Not a single item was removed when I check these 50 sellers.  Absolutely nothing was done to my amazement.  I did the same with trading cards on 20+ reprint cards; also not a single item was removed.  While I do fairly well on ebay with licensed items; I believe all honest dealers could be making a lot more sales with licensed real products.   I hope that "you" the sellers complain to ebay about this to make voice that they will hear.  I have continued to complain to ebay when the send out random surveys about my thoughts on ebay business; they seem to have stop sending me surveys.. lol!

Message 1 of 1
latest reply
0 REPLIES 0