cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal is gone

I was on eBay today updating sign-in information. There is an announcement that PayPal is being cut out of all transactions. eBay wants my BANK INFORMATION, stating that any profits (after eBay takes it's cut) will be deposited straight to my Bank Account. What do you guys think about this? eBay and Paypal have always pushed that we should link our bank accounts to PayPal or eBay. The reason for this was if you didn't have enough In your PayPal account to complete your purchase, then eBay or Paypal could riffle the remaining funds from your bank account.  eBay used to own PayPal and deemed that all purchases could only be paid through PayPal. Then they sold off PayPal. NOW they are demanding my personal bank account in order (supposedly) to get my money quicker yada, yada. PayPal will no longer be accepted. I assume they will still accept other credit cards. Wondering what you guys think about all these changes. I joined in 2000, when things were easy, listing was creative, buyers replied, paid rapidly (they sent me cash sometimes) or you had PayPal. What the h_ll is going on?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: PayPal is gone

I switched in August 2020 and have had no problems whatsoever.  This changeover was first announced in 2018.  It is now your turn to join.  Choose daily or weekly payouts to your checking account.  Nothing to be afraid of!

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

There are hundreds of posts on this subject. Buyers can still pay with paypal through 2023 if I remember correctly. 

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 3 of 4
latest reply

thank you

Message 4 of 4
latest reply