cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modern card sales are skyrocketing

Because folks are home so much, they are turning back to card buying. And the auctions are going crazy. Goldin auctions:  A Trout 1 of 1 2006 Bowman Chrome Prospects refractor autographed: Bidding will START at 1 MILLION.

Lebron James rookie signed card.. 1 of 1: Just sold for 1.8 MILLION. See more at Goldin Auctions.com.   These prices are crazy nuts!!

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Modern card sales are skyrocketing

I Agee, they are crazy nuts!!! Trout stuff has been selling well for a long time now but things have gone into the stratosphere. His 2009 Bowman Chrome will likely get the opening bid of 1 million being that it is a 1/1 superfractor, even being a BGS 9!!!

Went to Walmart yesterday and was very lucky to catch someone stocking the shelves in the card section. All the Bowman products were gone before I left the store and I was only there for 15 minutes. Just look at what Jasson Dominguez Autos have been going for. Starting to cool a little now after being sent down but still astronomical prices. 

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Yeah and if I only knew who JASON DOMINGUEZ was, I might get excited. I have no clue who the 'modern' stars in MLB re these days. I'm still with the old Yankees, Dave Winfield, Reggie Jackson.......the old Dodgers, Garvey, Sax, Cey, Gibson, Oreal, Valenzuella. And the old Lakers, Magic Johnson, Karem......
Just getting too old to get excited by 1 o1 2006 Bowman Chrome Rookie red double refractor, auto graphed with a patch AND chewing gum no less. Hahahaha

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Just checked on the Trout card and it is up to 1.3 million and the auction runs well into August. Who knows how high it will go. This card sold in 2018 for a mere 400 grand and I'm sure the owner at the time thought he hit the jackpot. Can't imagine how he feels now. 😥

I sold all my Trout and Lebron rookie cards except this one. The only reason I still have it because it was only worth $10-$20 at last check. I think you could get up to 2 grand for a PSA 10 now. I sold Lebron rookies in the $200-$300 range that are now selling for 5 Grand!! Who knew!!!!

fullsizeoutput_cda.jpeg

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Murphy,

Oh my, who woulda thought the pandemic isolation would result in card owners at home ordering and bidding on modern cards with out of the world prices.

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

From Nancy,

Guess I need to hang out at Walmart and see when they restock their Bowman boxes. hahaha

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

Card sold for 3.84 Million which is an astonishing figure and now the highest priced sold card of all time. High end  modern cards are selling at record highs while this thread sits buried in the Ebay cellar!

https://www.sportscollectorsdaily.com/mike-trout-superfractor-becomes-highest-priced-baseball-card-e...

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

Oh my God......unbelievable  3.84 million. You're right, this room is way, way down in the basement. Shame.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

Its not just that people are home the sneaker people who buy shoes are in this market now and Gary Vee from Vegas and other gamblers are no in this market. As far as someone said got to Walmart , good luck, they are lined up and waiting for it all. Only thing left is pokemon

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

Every baseball product is completely sold out at every retail outlet. Target, Walmart, Meijers and any other place has people lining up to buy it all. I have never seen anything like it! Bowman, Topps Chrome, Topps, Chronicles all gone within minutes of being stocked on the shelves. Buyers coming in daily asking what day new product is arriving.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

Again thats because the sneaker people who wait in line  for shoes are waiting at the retail stores for the venders to stock the shelves and buying them out

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

The sneaker people...uh...explain please. Sneaker people wait in line for shoes. And grab the BB boxes. I'm really out of the loop. Help me out here. Lol

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

Here was a group from my local Walmart waiting patiently recently. They did want all the Basketball stuff! Everything was gone in 10 seconds. Funny watching these people haul everything over to the self checkout. I didn't bother to ask if they were the sneaker people. 😊

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

oh oh oh capitalism😂

One sale a day, tomorrow the entire Galaxy!
Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Do they look like sneaker people or Vegas high rollers? 

Message 15 of 17
latest reply