cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC008 eBay Indefinite Selling Restriction

(MC008 eBay Indefinite Selling Restriction)  Sellers be aware... I have had my selling account permanently restricted on grounds that an item I was selling COULD have been non-authentic, according to customer support at eBay.  My item is 100% authentic, yet my account is restricted anyway... I have been with eBay for many years and have a 100% POSITIVE feedback rating.  It would have made since if I had at least one negative feedback, but due to the fact that I have had nothing but positive feedback, even with similar items, I do not feel it was right for eBay to put any restrictions on my account.  Even after calling and explaining my issue with a customer service rep, they still said that there was nothing they could do to allow my to sell on eBay again.  I do not understand how this could be classified as good costumer service on behalf of eBay...

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Re: MC008 eBay Indefinite Selling Restriction

"..... it's a matter of time before they sink."

Same can be said for Coca Cola, Nestle, McDonalds, Monsanto.......  Time measured in double or triple digit decades.

Message 16 of 29
latest reply

Have you had any claims filed against you, if so, how many?

Colleen
Message 17 of 29
latest reply

thats right, International sellers China, hong kong, etc , are selling reproductions and even list it as OEM which most of us know that it is not and they get away with it, which shows you ebay is all about the money $$$$$ , and also they are so worried about the buyer but if there were no American sellers there would not be an EBAY
Message 18 of 29
latest reply

It's a shame as many of us wish but ebay won't sink, there too big, only way to sink them would be for the government to step in and put rules and regulations on them .
Message 19 of 29
latest reply

6 month old thread... thanks for that stellar commentary reopening it  🙂

Message 20 of 29
latest reply

Peter Pan are you back ? Grow UP !!!

Lindy

Message 22 of 29
latest reply

Bud, you know your stuff, and word it well. Sometimes, I use words that are not 100% "proper" because I can not believe how BADLY many people screw up and then run crying for help. I'm a smart guy like yoursel, but I just cant keep from giving a slight verbal thrashing. Now and then I might go off on someone whos only crime is being inexperienced or dumb. The dummies deserve it, but the noobs dont, but I give it to them all. I always try to be nice, but I cant pull it off. I lose my patience. So from now on, I will just watch your posts, watch you straighten these dummies out, and will give myself an immaginary high-five as if I had said it.I cant control myself, you can. So keep up the good work, and I will pretend its me telling them, and not you.

If I was driving down the road, and saw red flags everywhere, I would not drive right through them like these others do. That like driving along, seeing people walking across the street, and these garfunkled knuckleheads go and ........ oh oh, I'm doing it again. 

Go get em !

Message 23 of 29
latest reply

mcposty, you are sooo right. Ebay does NOT stand by its sellers. They really only try to make the buyers happy. Ebay operates on the erronious assumption that ebay buyers are what makes ebay tick. They totally fail to realize, or care about anyway, that the ebay SELLERS are the ones who butter ebays bread, and they need to stand behind US.
And I am really starting to hate anything China. They still put lead in things, they have no emmisions control while we here in the US strangle our businesses with red tape and resrtictions. Chinas emmissions are far worse than ours would have ever been. China is so bad, they have smogged there country to the point where 40% of all photothinsesus (spelling?) in crops has stopped. Yet everyone hates on US for smogging up the world. Other countries take our money, our jobs, laugh at the US, and give us the finger. I am one of the few people who will put back on the shelf, anything made in china.
Message 24 of 29
latest reply

Well said timdwightrocks.... I couldn't agree with you more. I too turn [try] away from anything China. I would gladly pay more for anything made in the U.S to support an American family.
Message 25 of 29
latest reply

"Bud, you know your stuff, and word it well. Sometimes, I use words that are not 100% "proper" because I can not believe how BADLY many people screw up and then run crying for help. I'm a smart guy like yoursel, but I just cant keep from giving a slight verbal thrashing. Now and then I might go off on someone whos only crime is being inexperienced or dumb. The dummies deserve it, but the noobs dont, but I give it to them all. I always try to be nice, but I cant pull it off. I lose my patience. So from now on, I will just watch your posts, watch you straighten these dummies out, and will give myself an immaginary high-five as if I had said it.I cant control myself, you can. So keep up the good work, and I will pretend its me telling them, and not you.

If I was driving down the road, and saw red flags everywhere, I would not drive right through them like these others do. That like driving along, seeing people walking across the street, and these garfunkled knuckleheads go and ........ oh oh, I'm doing it again. 

Go get em !"

ummmm.... thanks?

Message 26 of 29
latest reply

CHECKED AND RECHECKED THE RULE BOOK AND DON'T FIND THAT VIOLATION LISTED !!  BUT THANKS FOR SETTING THAT POSTER STRAIGHT !!

Message 21 of 29
latest reply

I just got a restriction for unknown reason. How do we find out why???
Message 27 of 29
latest reply

@megmackay wrote:
I just got a restriction for unknown reason. How do we find out why???

@megmackay  This is a very old thread on a Sports Card sub group.  You need to post a new thread in the main Selling Forum if you'd like assistance.

Message 28 of 29
latest reply

test
Message 29 of 29
latest reply