cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC008 eBay Indefinite Selling Restriction

(MC008 eBay Indefinite Selling Restriction)  Sellers be aware... I have had my selling account permanently restricted on grounds that an item I was selling COULD have been non-authentic, according to customer support at eBay.  My item is 100% authentic, yet my account is restricted anyway... I have been with eBay for many years and have a 100% POSITIVE feedback rating.  It would have made since if I had at least one negative feedback, but due to the fact that I have had nothing but positive feedback, even with similar items, I do not feel it was right for eBay to put any restrictions on my account.  Even after calling and explaining my issue with a customer service rep, they still said that there was nothing they could do to allow my to sell on eBay again.  I do not understand how this could be classified as good costumer service on behalf of eBay...

Message 1 of 29
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sounds like it's possible that a potential bidder [or competitor] used the PSA/DNA "Quick Opinion" and it was recommended by one of eBay's 'in house' authenticators that the item was ''Not Likely Genuine"...and eBay took the recommendation/opinion seriously and took the aforementioned action.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

It would help to know what the item was .

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

Sounds like it's possible that a potential bidder [or competitor] used the PSA/DNA "Quick Opinion" and it was recommended by one of eBay's 'in house' authenticators that the item was ''Not Likely Genuine"...and eBay took the recommendation/opinion seriously and took the aforementioned action.

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

I suspect there's a lot more to this story than what's being told.
Message 4 of 29
latest reply

OP has sold apparent fake NIKE jerseys. That may well be the source of the suspension.
Message 5 of 29
latest reply

I appreciate your input, but I believe you may have read beyond the section which states that the jersey I was selling is 100% Nike AUTHENTIC. 

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

jschsb - am I correct that it was the NIKE jerseys which ebay questioned? If so, that determination would have been made by people at NIKE through eBay's VERO program. The NIKE people monitor the site and tell eBay to remove questionable items (holding eBay legally harmless for any errors in judgment)..... but one offense would not have cost you the loss of your selling priveleges. You would have had to try again and get wrist slapped a 2nd time to get a suspension like that.

You're not disclosing all of the facts related to this matter.

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Hi,
my name is Joe
I have been a registered seller on ebay since 2004. I was actively selling between 2004 and 2008 and everything was ok and I did not have a huge problems with either ebay or buyers. I stopped selling because I was running my family restaurant and did not have anytime to sell on ebay. I had to leave the restaurant 6months ago and I decided to sell back again on ebay to make a bit of side income to provide for my family.
I was dealing with a wholesaler in china and he offers dropshipping service. I was posting about 100 listings and I informed customers that it takes about 15 business days for the product to arrive. One of the listings was for a mobile phone that was a generic model with android os. The next day ebay removed because apple Inc. Objected and said that it crossed their intellectual property rights. I contacted apple abou the issue and they said that because it 'looked' like an apple product that's why they removed it. The phone was listed for $70. Another product was fo ankeychain listed for $4.99 for liverpool fc. I did notice know that this was copyright material, ebay removed the item as well and I also willingfully deleted any other keychains that had other football team logos. Two days later they send me an indefinite selling suspension.
I really worked hard to get my 394 rating and now it seems I cannot sell anymore on ebay. Does anyone known if they will let me sell again? I sent an email to vero@ebay.com explaining my side and they have yet to get back to me. Any logical insight would help.
Message 8 of 29
latest reply

Joe - selling on behalf of a dropshipper from another country is almost always a red flag. China & Hong Kong sellers have their own eBay stores to sell legitimate product - they don't need you nor would they want to share their income with you..... the ones who need you are those who sell illegitimate goods.

I sincerely doubt any segment of the ebay enterprise (vero, seller central, etc) will be motivated to reinstate your selling priveleges but I think the folks who dwell in the Seller Central discussion boards will have more direct experience in that regard.  http://community.ebay.com/t5/Seller-Central/bd-p/2143 

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

@starone_direct wrote:
Hi,
my name is Joe
I have been a registered seller on ebay since 2004. I was actively selling between 2004 and 2008 and everything was ok and I did not have a huge problems with either ebay or buyers. I stopped selling because I was running my family restaurant and did not have anytime to sell on ebay. I had to leave the restaurant 6months ago and I decided to sell back again on ebay to make a bit of side income to provide for my family.
I was dealing with a wholesaler in china and he offers dropshipping service. I was posting about 100 listings and I informed customers that it takes about 15 business days for the product to arrive. One of the listings was for a mobile phone that was a generic model with android os. The next day ebay removed because apple Inc. Objected and said that it crossed their intellectual property rights. I contacted apple abou the issue and they said that because it 'looked' like an apple product that's why they removed it. The phone was listed for $70. Another product was fo ankeychain listed for $4.99 for liverpool fc. I did notice know that this was copyright material, ebay removed the item as well and I also willingfully deleted any other keychains that had other football team logos. Two days later they send me an indefinite selling suspension.
I really worked hard to get my 394 rating and now it seems I cannot sell anymore on ebay. Does anyone known if they will let me sell again? I sent an email to vero@ebay.com explaining my side and they have yet to get back to me. Any logical insight would help.

Selling Apple knockoff phones on eBay and dropshipping them from China?  There aren't enough red flags at Arrowhead on a Sunday to properly reflect how terrible that idea is.

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

The product does not claim to be an apple or describes to have any features or properties of an apple iphone, the phone Is a $50 very basic touch android os phone, the physical appearance is red and may appear to have one physicalfeature like an iphone (one button) . I don't support or appreciate any knockoff products I only want original authorized and in the pasr I sold original plantronics (I'm a connect partner) but its funny that these same BIG companies go and build their product in CHINA for cheap causing thousands of people to lose their jobs here in North America and supporting foreign economies rather than their own. Before slapping the small insignificant domestic seller with hefty penalties, they should start slapping corporate companies with moreover taxes becausr they produce their product overseas. We can hire students or seniors for lower wages in North America and get a high quality product and keep the econony strong.
Message 11 of 29
latest reply

The bottom line is that it's your reputation on the line when you sell anything on here.  If something goes wrong, the buyer is coming to you, not the dropshipper.

That's why dropshipping is dicey on eBay anyway because you never see the product, but you are 'guaranteeing' it by selling it here.  It may not be the quality that you promise, it may not be delivered as quickly as you promise, but it's still your responsibility.  When you add to that the fact that your dropshipper is in China, I'm honestly surprised that it took this long for things to go south.

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Give me a break..everything china sells on eBay is fake knock offs yet eBay only punishes non china people. It's hypocritical. And it's false that a generic phone is copyright infringement it's already been settled that apple does not own the square phone one button design. vero is reduculous because eBay does not standup for its sellers. Any piece of dog doodoo can put in a veto request and its automatically removed. It's reduculous.
Message 13 of 29
latest reply

Ebays custmer service sucks.  My account got restricted from selling but not buying.  I WILL NEVER BUY OFF OF EBAY.  The guy couldn't even tell me why my account got restricted.  When I asked if I could talk to someone higher, he said he is the highest.  I have never dealt with such moroons in my life.  

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Vero people are a bunch of moroons. I have proof that I was selling authentic stuff. That's ok, ebay is not the only place to sell and the way they are treating people it's a matter of time before they sink.
Message 15 of 29
latest reply