cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help identifying animal hide

can someone please help me identify this animal pelt/hide i got out of a storage locker ?

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Hello and good morning, I have sent your pictures to a hunting expert and should have an answer soon, my guess is Wolf?? Sigs70 get back soon...

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Part II  appears to be Wolf...

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

thats not a wolf has no egs is huge and a small tail being very furry it looks like a hoofed animal like a moose or elk has longer fur around what seems to be a neck , there is no head, and when they skin canines they usually case skin having some legs or leg stubs and haeds cause they use every bit of those furs. usually most i have veiwed online for hoofed or bovine type hunting sport animals or food animals they only take the body and do a split. just my guess, i am not a professional or hunter or do i eat game animals just looking for a fur. lol. good luck!

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

caribou, not a doubt in my mind
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

im not sure it is a wolf the hair is really corse and long ..... i really want to sell it but not till i know what it is ..... do you think it could be bear?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

thanks i also do not believe it is a wolf.... want to sell it but need to know what it is first lol

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

how can i be sure that is what it is?

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

visit a couple of taxidermy shops-

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Looks like a chupacabra  !!