cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay standard envelope requirements

Need some help with the translation please. Has anyone used the Standard Envelope option yet? Am I correct that it has to be practically standard mailing envelope? I generally sandwich my cards between two pieces of cardboard for stability, but it looks like the entire envelope has to be inform in thickness. I don't see how that is possible with a 3"x4" piece of cardboard, it wouldn't make it "uniformly" flat. And the address being parallel to the longest side is confusing, I print out the shipping label and could attach parallel, but the actual address itself would be running horizontal. Maybe I'm making it more difficult that it should be, but I just want to make sure I'm using it right. 

• Envelope thickness is uniform, less than 0.25” inches at all points, and not too rigid
  • Envelope contains NO clasps/strings/buttons or similar closure devices
  • Envelope has recipient address parallel to the longest side
  • Envelope has an aspect ratio (length divided by height) between 1.3 and 2.5
  • Envelope is NOT enclosed or made of any plastic material

NOT Supported:

• Bubble Mailers, Cardboard Packages, or any packaging made of plastic material
  • Envelopes and content that weigh more than 3oz
  • Envelopes smaller than 3.5”x5” inches or larger than 6.125”x11.5” inches
  • Envelope thickness is non-uniform, rigid, and/or thicker than 0.25” inches at any point
  • Envelope has clasps/strings/buttons or similar closure devices
  • Envelope has recipient address NOT parallel to the longest side
  • Envelope is enclosed or made of any plastic material

Message 1 of 28
latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

I printed one and it looks somewhat like the front of a regular envelope .

My question is de we to tape it to the envelope, of just print in on the envelope

trading card postage.jpg

Message 2 of 28
latest reply

Oh, that's cool. Did you print it with the therm label printer or on paper? Did you pad the card?

Message 3 of 28
latest reply

I printed it on  a sheet of paper, it won't print correctly on an envelope

to printPrinting vertical on envelopePrinting vertical on envelope on an envelope I have to feed the envelope vertical in my printer, click print label on ebay and choose which size envelope I want to print on.

But it will only print horizonal on the vertical envelope 

Message 4 of 28
latest reply

The outer border is the envelope horizontal 

The inner vertical black border is printed on the envelope along with postage and tracking info

Message 5 of 28
latest reply

I'm going to have to just test one with a 4"x6" Rollo printer label and see how it works out.

Did you use any padding?

Message 6 of 28
latest reply

padding is not allowed for this type of shipping

Message 7 of 28
latest reply

So, just use a toploader? Is that sufficient?

Message 8 of 28
latest reply

can you use an invitation envelope 5.25" x 7.25 with a piece of cardboard?  Ebay's envelope that they have on their shipping site is made of 2 pieces of cardboard they suggest using that for shipping card.  

Message 9 of 28
latest reply

I just started doing them earlier today. I've been using 4x6 labels for awhile now, so just printed on those and put on envelopes. For 1 card I've been putting on smaller 3 5/8" x 6.5" envelopes, and 2 cards I've been putting in larger 4 1/8" x 9.5" envelopes, each card in a top loader. When 2 cards, I put side by side. Hope it helps.
My only issue is with these is the tracking #. Has anyone else done them and see the weird USPS tracking numbers we're getting. Does anyone have any input/experience on these? The USPS tracking #'s all being with ESUS followed by 8 numbers, ex: ESUS12345678. The tracking number shows as label created, but they can't scan them anywhere. The post office was confused as well when I showed them earlier. I'm just hoping all the "never received" disputes don't come piling in 😕 Attached is an example of 1 I did earlier and shipped out.

esus.jpg

Message 10 of 28
latest reply

Tape you'll be fine. I know plenty of people who tape labels on. I'd just use clear of course though.

Message 11 of 28
latest reply

I'd imagine so, as long as the total thickness isn't thicker than their 0.25" maximum. If sandwiching in cardboard, maybe cut up and use old priority mail boxes as they're slimmer.

Message 12 of 28
latest reply

My post office won't even accept these eBay labels for trading cards because they consider the toploaders "nonmachinable" and want a separate surcharge for that -- at which point the envelope doesn't go through the scanning machine and the tracking function is worthless. Many post offices may not be as concerned, but it only takes one hitch along the way to get your envelopes sent back marked "insufficient postage." I suspect after several weeks of increased nonmachinable items running through the system this will hit critical mass...

Message 13 of 28
latest reply

@garciagalore wrote:

I just started doing them earlier today. I've been using 4x6 labels for awhile now, so just printed on those and put on envelopes. For 1 card I've been putting on smaller 3 5/8" x 6.5" envelopes, and 2 cards I've been putting in larger 4 1/8" x 9.5" envelopes, each card in a top loader. When 2 cards, I put side by side. Hope it helps.
My only issue is with these is the tracking #. Has anyone else done them and see the weird USPS tracking numbers we're getting. Does anyone have any input/experience on these? The USPS tracking #'s all being with ESUS followed by 8 numbers, ex: ESUS12345678. The tracking number shows as label created, but they can't scan them anywhere. The post office was confused as well when I showed them earlier. I'm just hoping all the "never received" disputes don't come piling in 😕 Attached is an example of 1 I did earlier and shipped out.

esus.jpg

I did a few last week which just got delivered. I just dropped them off in a regular Mail collection box, and got tracking updates, including a delivered update, over the course of a few days.  So far, so good, though I haven’t seen anywhere yet where I’ve been charged for the service yet. 

Message 14 of 28
latest reply

6” x 8” Paperboard Mailjacket Envelope (No padding) https://www.ebay.com/itm/254808890842

Shipping Labels
5-1/2" x 8-1/2"
2 per Sheet, White
Message 15 of 28
latest reply