cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

baseball cards approach to selling

Recently purchased 30k-40k cards some loose some on cards or unopened boxes and some complete years hand collated. I can research most all but the hand collated in respect to where to start them at. 

Some are written on as complete sets but do i have to count 700+ cards to confirm that? some are in order so you can "see" there are 762 or whatever the number may be but others don't look like they are completley in numerical order.

I like to be accurate in my descriptions so don't want any problems as I sell them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Most all are from 80's forward.

Thanks again for any and all help.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: baseball cards approach to selling

Some are written on as complete sets but do i have to count 700+ cards to confirm that?

Whenever selling cards as a "complete set" it should contain the entire set. More importantly the set must contain any key cards in that set.

When talking 80s Baseball cards forward you are dealing with some vastly overproduced years and knowing exactly what to look for will save a lot of time. 

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: baseball cards approach to selling

You would be doing yourself a favor to identify what you have and see if it is worth putting in the time to sell properly. A complete set should be verified, for example. Someone buying a full set is not going to want to get it, go through it and find that 1 or more cards are missing. Unless the set is sealed, you should never assume it is complete. Checking for the key cards is a shortcut some might take, but you never know what the buyer is seeking and what they will be willing to accept if something is missing.

Most baseball sets don't start showing real value until you get into the 70s and earlier. Some early to mid 80s sets may have some nominal value.
Message 3 of 3
latest reply