cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning...Scammers are everywhere on the Sporting Goods pages

There are scads of auctions featuring items for sale at very low prices by sellers with 0 feedback and very new to EBAY.  They get the money then never send the merchandise.  I report them to EBAY but they keep popping up daily.  There must be someting EBAY can do to stop them.  I have seen them selling backpacks, tents, almost every category and always using the same technique.  You wait many weeks for the merchandise that never shows up, then wait weeks more for the resolution process, then eventually get your refund.  I report each scam aution I find but they just keep coming.  EBAYs reputation is at stake.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

It has happened to me several times and has been in sporting goods. Especially the stuff selling from China.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

I've been seeing it frequently in my followed category of recurve bows. Unbelievable low prices on quality items. At least the location is clearly identified as China.  Buyer beware.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Wish I had seen this earlier!..  Was recently dupedby by a seller from Pakistan ...  Lots of listings of very cheap saddles....using photos stolen of far more expensive quality saddles that are on here for sale.  Have emailed Ebay but they dont seem to care?

How do you report a listing ?

Message 4 of 4
latest reply