cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tracing numbers not being updated by post office

Is anyone having this problem? The last two weeks I have had most of the packages sent not show any tracking information from the post office. This has caused several buyers to resopnd saying they want to know if we sent their items. I personally have taken the  parcels to the post office so I know the p/o have them. Any solution on this issue ?? 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: tracing numbers not being updated by post office

I live just inside SE Michigan and it's been a nightmare! There is no rhyme or reason behind some packages will shoot out and be delivered to California before another one even leaves the black hole of Allen Park.  I have so many people mad at me for their delayed shipping and want refunds, then they end up getting the products and I"m out the money as well as the product.  That's what really sucks here. Nope, we are not alone.

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Maybe there is a silver lining to my sales being in the crapper this week.  I am a small seller and will often ship only a package or two a day which I will often leave in my mailbox.  I had one package (of course a more expensive one) that I shipped priority on Dec 1st and it was never scanned.  I cannot prove I sent it.  I am thinking of just skipping the headache of slow shipping, lost packages, and angry buyers and putting my store on vacation mode and taking the rest of the month off.  

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

I'm having the exact same problem.  I always make sure to go to the post office and have each item scanned so that there is a record of it and in the past 2 weeks, I've noticed at least 5 items that are still showing no movement and (more importantly) in some instances, not even an indication of the initial scan by the post office!  I literally have the printed postal receipts that indicate otherwise.  How is this even possible?  Already had 2 buyers file "not received" claims and had to beg them to please allow delivery of packages at least another week, but eBay will rule in their favor within a couple of days from now if no movement is indicated.  

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Yes my local post office will not scan or send them out Mondays. I will give you a hint they are B IG post office. The latest they will scan and send them out is Thursday yes that is four days later. The solution is to find a local SMALL town post office and take them there. They will scan and send them out by the noon truck. They will even apologize for making you wait to drop them off. The other BIG post office will take a look at you like they are doing you a favor. 

Message 19 of 19
latest reply