Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shipping

just sold a item what do i do about shipping freight its a engine

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: shipping

I've never shipped freight, but here's a policy that might help. Scroll down to 'Integrated shipping carriers'. Good luck.

Setting up your shipping options | eBay

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

This should have been figured out BEFORE listing.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Have to confess that I know little about freight shipping and even less about engines, but have a few questions:  If you did not know about shipping by freight, how did you come up with a shipping price?

And are you sure the buyer realized it was listed as "For Parts Only"? 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

This isn't the type of thing to wait and research after you make the sale, but I'll do my best to help @techsavy36-8 .

This page is a good reference for freight shipping on eBay and links to a list of freight carriers whose tracking integrates with eBay: https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/shipping/shipping-on-ebay/freight-shipping

Research your options. You should speak with the carrier to determine if they offer packing services or if you need to handle that yourself, if they have a lift gate for residential delivery, whether the quote covers inside delivery, what their insurance coverage is, do they have online viewable signature confirmation for delivery, what happens if the buyer refuses delivery for some reason, etc. Cover all your bases before diving in.

Keep in mind the risk factor. If a buyer files a claim (whether a true claim or a false claim), you're on the financial hook to deal with that. Some items are best sold with the Local Pickup Only option.

Many sellers use freight shipping quite successfully. If you jump in, do it with your eyes wide open. Learn all the potential outcomes before going that route.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Since, as I mentioned, I know nothing about engines, so have to ask, is it likely that anyone would spend this much plus the freight, which cannot be cheap,  on an engine listed as For  Parts Only?  

Message 7 of 7
latest reply