cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

returning an item that is not described and having to pay the postage of more than the item is worth

I purchased some usb charging leads for my phone. When they arrived they are not as described and do not fit. Infact they dont fit anything we know of, as they are an odd size. After 10 days of pretending he did not understand, and asking me if i would accept a partial refund, and taking time to respond I let Ebay step in.

They imediately agreed that i should have a refund.

It is unfortunate that I could not find a way of sending it back as there was no return label. I have searched to find out what to do with no luck.

If I send it back ebay is looking for me to give a tracking number in. That is going to cost £8 odd.

More than the leads are worth.

What can I do.

Im really angry with the seller. He is from china and I cant even write his name on the address because its not letters its chinese symbols.

I could send it and then find that I have spent more on postage than I will get refund.

This person will carry on selling this useless item, and people wont send it back as they will be in my predicament

TIA

Jayne

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

returning an item that is not described and having to pay the postage of more than the item is worth

You can report the seller and situation to ebay customer support.

Can you still reconsider accepting a partial refund, something is better than nothing ?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

In cases of SNAD, the seller is supposed to provide a postage label to return the defective merchandise. If they can't provide a label, they are supposed to advance you funds to pay for return postage.
Get on the phone with ebay and tell them that the seller cannot give you a postage label because they are in China, and has not given you return postage money either. Often they will give you a courtesy refund and not make you return the item. If you return the item on your own, chances are good you will never hear anything else from the seller and not get a refund either.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

In the case of an item that is not as described, the seller pays return shipping. Quite often if this seller is in China you will get a refund and keep the item as they will not want to pay the return shipping.  

You have 30 days from the last delivery date or the date the item arrives to file a case. To do so, go to the Resolution Center and pick I received an item that does not match the seller's description. Follow the directions to return the item and/or get your money back.

There is a link to the Resolution Center on the bottom of every page on EBay. Make sure once you open a case not to close it for ANY reason until you have your refund. Also keep up with the case and have eBay step in when the option becomes available. Do NOT let the case time out.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Well  another buyer  buying from a  problem chinese seller that is listing item's on Ebay.com U.S. .   I'm tired of ebay doing nothing  about it , And rest of US U.S.  Sellers get thrown in same boat  by both ebay and  buyers  for their  screw ups.  

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Buyer probably bought the wires on ebay.uk, because they said shipping would be in pounds.  Chinese sellers pull the same rubbish in Europe that they do here, claiming items on hand in <country> when they are coming from China.

Coffee is my friend.

T&S Tool #10mm ratchet
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Click Contact Us, at several places on this page, to chat with eBay:

https://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/home

Let eBay know that your seller has not sent a return label --

nor money through PayPal to buy a tracked return label --

and that the seller is responsible for return shipping.

eBay will put your already-escalated case on hold for 5 days --

to allow your seller time to ventilate these 3 options:

Message 7 of 7
latest reply