cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

return and refund

I bought and Item that was not as advertised. They listed the item as 144 pencil leads and I was only sent 12 leads. The seller showed a box of Pentel Leads wit one out of the box. The description said 144 tubes of lead. When my package arrived, he took one tube of lead and shipped that to me. 

I could have gone to a local store and bought tou tubes containing sixty leads each. On top of that , I could have saved $13.00 plus shipping! HOw can you allow a liar and a cheat on e-bay. No fasith in e-bay any more.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: return and refund

You need to open a return.

Use this link

https://www.ebay.com/help/action?topicid=4041

Select "item not as described"

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

did the seller respond to your inquiry when you only received one tube rather than the box of 12 tubes for 144 pieces as described? 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It's frustrating to encounter misleading listings on eBay, and it's important to report such cases to eBay's customer support for resolution. eBay typically takes issues of misrepresentation seriously and can help resolve disputes between buyers and sellers. While some instances may be disappointing, eBay's policies aim to protect buyers from dishonest practices.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@spotidownl0  - nothing to report. 

Buyer should just file a "not as described" case and return the item for a full refund.

eBay CS will not help resolve anything between buyers and sellers. 

Its best to know the MBG and file a case.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

@dojo11 wrote:

I bought and Item that was not as advertised. They listed the item as 144 pencil leads and I was only sent 12 leads. The seller showed a box of Pentel Leads wit one out of the box. The description said 144 tubes of lead. When my package arrived, he took one tube of lead and shipped that to me. 

I could have gone to a local store and bought tou tubes containing sixty leads each. On top of that , I could have saved $13.00 plus shipping! HOw can you allow a liar and a cheat on e-bay. No fasith in e-bay any more.

This is such an easy problem to resolve and there's no reason to stress. 

Go to your order, click to return the item, and check that it's not as described or pictured. 

Seller will have to either issue a refund (without return) or will have to supply you with a return shipping label (paid at his expense) for you to use to return what you received. 

If he doesn't respond or if he doesn't issue a refund on his own after tracking shows it was returned, you'll request ebay to step in. 

You WILL get the refund! 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

You're correct that in cases of misrepresentation, buyers should initiate a "not as described" case on eBay and follow the return process for a potential refund. While eBay customer service may not always directly mediate disputes, using the provided channels and eBay's Money Back Guarantee (MBG) can help address such issues effectively.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@dojo11 

Another comment (or 2 or 3!)

1. That listing is really ambiguous and confusing. It's for "144 Count" but also states "Pack of 1." 

2. You can report that seller's feedback that he left for you because sellers cannot leave negative comments for buyers. 

3. You have plenty of time to leave feedback and it's better to wait until you get your refund to do so. (I don't disagree that the seller misled (at best) or lied (at worst) in the listing.)

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Seller knew exactly what they were doing. 
Photo showing whole box which is labeled 144 Count (Pack of 1), I myself would take that to understand 144 were in THE PACK. 
Just file INAD as others have advised you above. 

Reminder to all sellers (new or old!) 
***DO NOT SHOW ANYTHING IN PHOTOS THAT BUYER WILL NOT RECEIVE. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply