cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Warning" don't buy from overseas Sellers, because you are setting yourself up for failure!

This is a warning to never buy from overseas sellers. I’ll admit I have, but I learn from the errors of my ways. This comes from my own mistakes, and those I’ve seen others make. I have been an E-bay customer for years, so I’ve dealt with many overseas Sellers.

Don't be enticed by the prices, as this is just a facade, which may be hiding something far more sinister underneath. Your cheap, and simple purchase may not end up being so cheap, and simple after all, but may end up costing you tremendously. Your basically asking to be ripped off, because you are dealing with someone who is unaffected by our laws, which make them harder to deal with, catch, and prosecute. Not only can you be effected monetarily, but you could be jeopardizing your health, or that of your loved ones. Here are some things you need to consider before making the leap!

1.) Sellers will purposely send you a damaged, or defective items knowing it’s a hassle to return, but it will also cost you more to send it back.

2.) Make sure you plan on keeping the product regardless of reason (didn’t like it, not the right size) because like said, it will cost you more to return it, than it is to keep it, so get it right the first time.

3.) The hassle, period. You have to realize the packages have to go through a lot of hands, and scanning machines before it makes it to your door, so you will get very late packages, and the likelihood of them being damaged increases.

4.) A lot of times the warranty is void, because you didn’t purchase from a reputable merchant, or sometimes the manufacturer will tell you to exchange the item where you purchased it.

5.) Be aware there may be a language barrier that prevents good communication between you, and the Seller should a problem arise with the product.

6.) There is always the possibility the item might be fake, and I have seen this frequently with sunglasses, perfumes, colognes, and some electronics. Mostly from China.

7.) The product you are buying is defective, and does not meet the manufactures, or US standards to be sold in the US.

8.) You don't know if the product meets US labor law standards; meaning the product may have been made in a sweatshops.

9.) You don't know if the product meets US hazardous material safety standards, which can affect your health, or that of your loved ones! Anything can contain lead.

10.) They will reseal refurbs, and sell them as new, because you’ll now.

11.) They will just blatantly rip you off, take your money, and neither you or E-bay can do anything about it, because they signed up with a fake account. Please reconsider before making high value purchases.

Sure E-bay will cover on a couple of these, but not all. The moral of all of this is, overseas Sellers can do practically anything they please, without any fear of repercussions, because they don’t live in this country, and don’t have to abide by our laws!

Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

"Warning" don't buy from overseas Sellers, because you are setting yourself up for failure!

Buy American, because it matters. Good Luck to you.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply