cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Item Not Received" Claim - When Does Ebay Close It Out?

Long story short... sold an item last month. It was delivered December 19, per USPS tracking.

On the 6th of this month, the buyer opened a INR. I uploaded tracking to the claim and indicated the item was delivered December 19, and the address it was sent to.

I always thought once that was done, the Ebay bots closed out the INR in seller's favor, but it's still open and acting as if I never responded,

How long before this should close? The INR is saying I need to resolve by tomorrow, January 12. Never heard from the buyer, BTW

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Escalate it here:

https://www.ebay.com/sh/resolutions

It should close in your favor in about a half hour

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

If it's not giving you the option to escalate it then you may have to wait until tomorrow.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Yeah, I can probably do that tomorrow. Thanks so much! It used to be automatic, but I guess not any longer

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I had one a few weeks ago like that.   I was reminded of the date and I had 

already uploaded the tracking.

I went ahead and uploaded the tracking a second time and it closed it out.   

Might be a glitch (Again)

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@pickermall wrote:

Yeah, I can probably do that tomorrow. Thanks so much! It used to be automatic, but I guess not any longer

If the INR is opened before tracking confirms delivery and the seller uploaded the tracking number, the INR will automatically close if the tracking updates to a delivered status within those few days before either party can escalate.

If the INR is filed after tracking confirms delivery, my experience the past couple of years is that one of the following actions needed to be taken:

- Seller could escalate to close it out

- Buyer could escalate to close it out

- No action could be taken then after a month it would time out as "no fault" without a refund

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I think last time I had this type of issue, the item showed delivered and once I uploaded the tracking it closed out within minutes. But that was a few years ago (pre-COVID). I just escalated so hope it closes out soon. Thanks!

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Looks like it all worked out! Thanks for the comments, all!

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

So yesterday, the buyer messaged me (after the claim was decided in my favor with no buyer refund) tell me he found the package and wanted to reverse the refund he got...

I'm ignoring them but I'm not quite sure what's happening...

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

If, per your statement, there was no buyer refund, why does the buyer believe he was refunded and wants to reverse the refund?  

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

NO IDEA! The claim says it was closed in my favor with no refund to the buyer. This ther verbage I got from Ebay:

We reviewed this case and have closed it without any refund to the buyer.

The case will not affect your seller performance. Any feedback left for this transaction will be removed.

We received tracking information that shows the item was delivered to the buyer's address.

Very weird

Message 11 of 11
latest reply