cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Shipping policies or description

Is there information on the new way to handle the shipping changes when you list?  We have so many different choice.  It looks like all different shipping charges that we have are their own new policy and I have to scroll all over the place to find the right method and the right price.  

Does anyone else see this or did I press something that put me in some beta?  We have listed things that should have 11 dollar shipping and it shows up as $34 for the buyer.  Yes I have considered that it is calculated but it is still way off. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You must have opted in to using business policies without realizing it @thebestbuybaril.

Business policies help me keep my sanity. Manage and edit them (or disable them to go back to how you used to set up your listings) on this page. Once you set up your shipping policies and name them so you can easily identify them, you can go to your active listings and bulk edit to assign your new policies.

After the initial mess of policies that are created when you first sign up are no longer tied to active listings, you can delete them.

It takes a little time and work to set it up, but in my opinion it's well worth it.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I'm sorry. That made no sense. I am seeing this when I try to add shipping.  Why do I have all of these options? Is there info on this or how to get it back how it used to be?  I want to put in a price and a shipping method, not scroll until I find one I used before. Thank you

20230114_170818.jpg

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

You are looking at your 'preferences' and then 'shipping policies'.  Looks like you originally set up all your listings differently so you will just have to pick which way you want to go, or try deleting all of that and start over, putting ALL Listings under 1 type. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

You must have opted in to using business policies without realizing it @thebestbuybaril.

Business policies help me keep my sanity. Manage and edit them (or disable them to go back to how you used to set up your listings) on this page. Once you set up your shipping policies and name them so you can easily identify them, you can go to your active listings and bulk edit to assign your new policies.

After the initial mess of policies that are created when you first sign up are no longer tied to active listings, you can delete them.

It takes a little time and work to set it up, but in my opinion it's well worth it.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You could try this until you become familiar with policies...

Try to opt out

https://www.bizpolicy.ebay.com/businesspolicy/manage

Little tiny print on the right side:

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thank you so much!  I will probably do this in the near future.  I appreciate you explaining how you used it. 

Message 6 of 6
latest reply