cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

only sold a few items ever on ebay. just accepted a bid offer. ive had the option to print out the s

hey guys, im really new to selling on ebay

someone just bid on an item that i had listed and i accepted.
ive only sold a few items on ebay throughout the years but the past ones ive done, the buyer paid for the shipping label. i only had to print it out and put it on the package upon shipping

for the item i just accept, there is no option to print out the label like what ive done in the past. it just says 'awaiting for payment' and option to send him an invoice. it looks like the shipping fee was added along with the bid amount

what do i do? i dont want to make a mistake. do i get the shipping label like last time or what? thanks for the help

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: only sold a few items ever on ebay. just accepted a bid offer. ive had the option to print out t

@suicune wrote:

ive only sold a few items on ebay throughout the years but the past ones ive done, the buyer paid for the shipping label. i only had to print it out and put it on the package upon shipping

for the item i just accept, there is no option to print out the label like what ive done in the past. it just says 'awaiting for payment' and option to send him an invoice. it looks like the shipping fee was added along with the bid amount

what do i do? i dont want to make a mistake. do i get the shipping label like last time or what? thanks for the help

Yes this is how it works. Buyer is still paying for the label. Say your item was sold for $5 with $4 shipping, paid by buyer. You will receive $9 in your account. You get your $5 for your item and you get the $4 for shipping. That is why you then purchase the shipping label. It's an in and out type for the label. Make sense? Congrats on your sale and here's to many more. Best of luck to you....

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: only sold a few items ever on ebay. just accepted a bid offer. ive had the option to print out t

@suicune wrote:

Yes this is how it works. Buyer is still paying for the label. Say your item was sold for $5 with $4 shipping, paid by buyer. You will receive $9 in your account. You get your $5 for your item and you get the $4 for shipping. That is why you then purchase the shipping label. It's an in and out type for the label. Make sense? Congrats on your sale and here's to many more. Best of luck to you....

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Sounds like the buyer hasn't paid for the item yet? So don't ship until you get a confirmation email that it's paid. Then you should be able to print your label.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply