cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to delete created Shipping Rate Tables?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I created a couple shipping rate tables, which is under Site Preferences>Shipping Preferences. Problem is there doesn't seem to be a way to clear/delete them. Would rather have them gone completely as I'm doing some account cleanup. It shows a trash can next to your selections, you can delete, but nothing is saved. Look again and the tables are still there unchanged. Nice one eBay.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

No one knew how to delete or edit ( Set shipping rate by )?

Have you found a way to fix your issue?

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

I did the same thing. I can't find any way to delete it. Ridiculous!

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope everything seems to be still the same. No way to clear your created tables. Does anyone have a solution or someone from eBay have a clue about it?

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I set up a table as a test, and when I hit the trashcan icon it does remove the region entry, but if I try to save the table with no entries it throws an angry red error message "! Empty region shipping specifications" and I have to cancel out.

Just another half done code rollout that might get fixed some day.

(and now I have a Shipping Rate table that will be showing up on every listing I create or revise slight_frown)
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

has there still been no solution found for this issue?

*BUMP BUMP EBAY*

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

and Now it is 2019 and the Problem still exists or did someone figure out a way to fix it

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

You don't have to delete your shipping rate tables if you plan on using them. You can just rename the tables then the new name will replace the old name in the Rate Table box after saving.

Example:

1. You have a rate table you named "Test" in the Table Name box & played around with the options to see how it worked & saved it. Now when you go to the Rate Table box you have a choice named "Test". 

2. You now want to set up a specific Shipping Rate Table. Go to Rate Table box & choose "Test". Once you do that "Test" also shows up in the Table Name box. Change the name in Table Name box from "Test" to whatever you want. Then make your specific changes to your options then save. The new name you typed in Table Name box to replace "Test" will now be your choice in Rate Table box.

Now if you made a specific table & don't need it or you just don't want to use tables you're stuck with that table(s). You can choose to not use rate tables in listings & no table info should show up in your listing.  

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I understand and share your frustration!!!  I had over 200 - 200!! - shipping policies in my drop down menu.  I have NO idea why.  It almost seemed to generate a policy for every shipping scenario I've ever had +.    I finally figured it out today thanks to some other comments elsewhere.

Go to "Account Settings" on the Left side of the ebay home page.

It will appear under your name when you hover over it.

Go to "Business Policies"  - it's in the middle of the list of options that appear.

When you land there, it will give you the list of all your policies.  You can bulk edit.  It also gives you the option to "clean up" or "consolidate" policies.

Please note:  I just used it and I am concerned that it created new errors, so go check your active listings after editing.  I find that every time I've tried to streamline these horrible "policies" it puts free shipping on a bunch of my listings.  smh

Message 9 of 9
latest reply