cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fraud dishonest seller

just bought an item, says free shipping, i get a cod from post office saying I owe shipping...contact ebay and they say they cant do nothing about it and the refund has to come from the seller, my bad...didnt read his feedback until now, hes doing this to many others but yet continues to sell items under false terms??? i reported him but yet he will continue...ebay is no longer offering buyer protection? he continues to get away with this? during a live chat i cant believe the rep said theres nothing they can do it has to be refunded through him and if not they report him but i get no refund?! anyone else have this happen, and any suggestions on what to do here?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: fraud dishonest seller

Did you ask the seller to refund the out of pocket shipping cost? If he says no, there's not much you can do but report him and leave negative feedback. In the future, if it was me and I didn't need the item immediately I would not pay the COD. I would then open an item not received case, he won't be able to prove it was delivered, then after it times out you can ask eBay to step in for a refund.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

@allamericanfreak 

When that happens, you can refuse the package and file an INR for a refund.

Keep a copy of the COD to use in the case if needed.

The package will be sent back to the seller and they'll have to pay to get it back.

Have a safe Memorial Day weekend.
Message 3 of 9
latest reply

It may have been an honest mistake. I've had this happen by accidently putting a priority mail label on a priority express envelope. USPS tried to collect the $17 and customer was extremely angry.

I certainly wouldn't pay the COD but I would notify the seller. They should be able to make a partial refund and then you can pay the COD. 

The problem here is if you refuse it, when you open an item not recieved case, the tracking will show refused and that counts as delivery and you will lose the case. Then you need to send them an appeal.

Get a photo of the door tag or label showing COD before you refuse it. Most likely the tracking won't mention anything about COD. 

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

@kensgiftshop wrote:

@allamericanfreak 

When that happens, you can refuse the package and file an INR for a refund.

Keep a copy of the COD to use in the case if needed.

The package will be sent back to the seller and they'll have to pay to get it back.

^^ This.

It takes some time to get refunded ... and you may have to appeal a software bot rejecting your original claim ... but it will happen.

Yes, we all know this is frustrating.  Sorry.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

There is no refund to get if you paid the postage due.

If you had let it go back postage due to the seller and tracking said so you would have gotten a full refund.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

If delivery is refused, the buyer looses MBG protection. Filing INR will be a lost case.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@bc_ca-25 wrote:

If delivery is refused, the buyer looses MBG protection. Filing INR will be a lost case.

You are wrong on that. You should re-read that INR policy specifically the exception for the case of an item arriving postage due.

Filing an INR is exactly what the buyer should do and will win.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@allamericanfreak wrote:

just bought an item, says free shipping, i get a cod from post office saying I owe shipping...my bad...didnt read his feedback until now, hes doing this to many others but yet continues to sell items under false terms???

If he's doing this consistently then you should report him to USPS. They'll stop it at the source (his post office).

Message 9 of 9
latest reply