cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

first class over 15 oz

I can't seem to put in a weight over 15 OZ for first class. Did something change?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

first class over 15 oz

It might differ in certain categories but you can probably leave the listing weight and measurements blank (I usually do) and then remember to revise (since it's at 15) when you go to make the label.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

first class over 15 oz

No!  First Class Package Service has always been limited to a maximum weight of 15.999 ounces.  er, on a Commercial Account.  The retail limits, Click&Ship or Counter rate, is 13 ounces.

https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm#_c037

Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 5.34.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-02-12 at 5.33.25 PM.png

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

first class over 15 oz

Is this on the label buying page? I believe last time I had one just under 16oz I entered 16 and it took it at the 15.999 rate. This shouldn't have changed, maybe someone has better insight. Good luck~

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

first class over 15 oz

Just while listing. Neither the app or my desk top would take 16 ounce or 15. anything. It always did before. My package is 15.5 oz but I put in 15 because that's all it would let me. Maybe it will work later. Thanks for your responses.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

first class over 15 oz

It might differ in certain categories but you can probably leave the listing weight and measurements blank (I usually do) and then remember to revise (since it's at 15) when you go to make the label.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

first class over 15 oz

Thank-you! That's what I will do.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

first class over 15 oz

... and it'd be worth a shot to retry editing the listing later. A browser cleaning and reboot is always good too, but ebay will be ebay regardless, so... who knows.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

first class over 15 oz

Why bother? The postage cost is the same for any weight 12+ to 15.99 ounces.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

first class over 15 oz

Well, true that... thx

Message 9 of 9
latest reply