cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FED EX

Sent an item Fed Ex home.  Fed EX charged my account an extra $13 by listing the item at 12 lbs.,  It actually weighed 3 lbs.  Now I have to prove it and how can I when I don't have the item anylonger.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

FED EX

Unfortunately you probably can't.   If you bought a label here on eBay you shipped on eBay's account and then you are stuck because FedEx won't talk to you as you aren't the account holder and eBay has nothing set up to handle this.  Plus eBay will say they have no idea what was done.

But hey, do a search here, we see several post like this each week from sellers who got caught in the FE-eBay trap.

best advice is to get your own FE account, go to FE website to confirm cost or head to a FedEx-Kinkos store and ship from there.  At the store they will make sure the correct weight & charges are applied.

Sorry you got caught in this mess!  Best I can say is you aren't the first and won't be the last.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

FED EX

I have used FedEx Home a few times, but that method of shipping has to be brought to the FedEx store, where they take it, weigh it to confirm the label is correct and give a receipt.

Did you not do this? If not, how did FedEx get the package?

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

FED EX

You will have to pay that. It's useless fighting it. You will be on the merry go round with Ebay and fedex and all it does is go round and round.

FedEx prices by dimensional weight plus other fees can be added on. If your package was a bit large although not heavy it can push the cost into 12 lb rate. Ground or home delivery is closer to actual cost and I have no issues with it.

If you did use fedex 2 day as that calculator on ebay seems to fool shippers that may be the issue.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply