cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fedex and ups may not be able to so easily overcharge after the fact

I noticed when i went to print a label today.

Starting september 2023 ,, fees for labels via ups and fedex will not be charged when printed.   

I think this is good news.  This means , ups and fedex won't so easily be able to make up random fees and charges that make no sense.  

Ebay also appears to have set up an email for sellers who are charged adjustments from fedex and ups that the seller feels are incorrect.   

Do you all agree that this seems to be a step in the right direction?  before, sellers were basically sitting ducks, ups and fedex charges were charged after the fact, and shipping overcharges were very common.  Since ups and fedex charges appear on the monthly statement, it was very easy for a seller to miss these "adjustments"..  

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

With Managed Payments, eBay can take money from you before, during, and after a sale. If they can't get it from your available eBay balance, they will go into your bank account. So far, I have had about five adjustments, all were wrongfully charged, after I disputed them, I was refunded or credited on Pirate Ship. Gotta love automation.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

This is what I see:

We are changing how you are charged for FedEx® and UPS® label fees. Over the coming weeks, we will start charging label fees for these services to your funds at the time of label purchase instead of after the package has been delivered. Learn more about paying for shipping labels on eBay.ScreenShot Tool -20231003203734.png

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

With Managed Payments, eBay can take money from you before, during, and after a sale. If they can't get it from your available eBay balance, they will go into your bank account. So far, I have had about five adjustments, all were wrongfully charged, after I disputed them, I was refunded or credited on Pirate Ship. Gotta love automation.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Pirate ship is awesome.   I have never had a ups or fedex shipment come back as more than the original estimate.

I think ebay made this change because of the thousands of complaints.  I've see posts where a seller sent two identical packages to the same  area.  One was charged the estimated rate, the other was charged over $80 more.  It was just getting crazy.  Now there will be some accountability.  Or at least it will be easier for sellers to dispute upcharges from fedex and ups. Before , it was near impossible

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

The main reason for the adjustments, is packages getting stuck together and creating a different measurement for the cameras/sensors. But once you dispute it, they go and look at the camera footage and can easily see the sender was correct. Just another inconvenience with machines and computers making our lives easier.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

@lasantino wrote:

Starting september 2023 ,, fees for labels via ups and fedex will not be charged when printed.   

Are you sure you read that right?

UPS and FedEx, you've never been charged when you buy the label?

You're not charged until after it's been delivered.

I think they are changing it to where you are charged as soon as you buy the shipping label.

Have a great day
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I glad they will, haven't yet, I just got hit with 4 UPS shipping costs last night and wiped out my payout this morning. It was owed but rather hit me up at the moment I buy the label. The only lie is ebay "can not" dispute a UPS charge, where it says click to email ebay, it takes you to the dispute page on how to dispute charges but for buyers.

2 weeks ago I had a package "requested by sender" to return, neither ebay, I or the seller requested. When I called ebay they said it couldn't be change by us and they have no way to dispute a charge using an ebay label.

I did get an email from Deb from shipping, found out she's in charge of ebay's shipping, asking for details. Since haven't heard back from her since last week about how to dispute a overage on UPS

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

oops,, thanks for catching that.. yes i meant  ,, that we will be charge when the label is printed.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@the-hook-and-the-loop wrote:

The main reason for the adjustments, is packages getting stuck together and creating a different measurement for the cameras/sensors. But once you dispute it, they go and look at the camera footage and can easily see the sender was correct. Just another inconvenience with machines and computers making our lives easier.

That is crazy.  I wonder how many people never protest a overcharge?  A large company with a lot of employees doing a lot of shipments this could go on for a while before anyone takes notice.

I have never had this experience with USPS.  Do you think the USPS has better equipment so as not to have these errors?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I just got an additional fedex charge today. $27.

This change didn't do a thing. Item was properly weighted and sized, and dimensional weight was less than actual weight. No explanation outside of being charged for additional handling. 

For info. Package was 25.56lbs (rounded up to 26lbs) dimensions were 6x23x6.

Was charged 30.13 at time of label purchase, and then charged an additional $27.36(I think) today.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Go here input the information and see what the FedX price is.

Free UPS and USPS shipping software | Pirate Ship

Message 11 of 11
latest reply